12. Friendzone

A/N: sorry this update is a little later than I had anticipated posting it, but I hope you like it nevertheless! Please let me know your thoughts on it :) :) Love, Phoebe xx

It’s the night after the BF and GF night and Ozzy is currently sat moping on my bed which doesn’t make things easier. It may also be due to the early hour I’ve made him get up at so I can leave for my appointment. I don’t think Ozzy has seen 6am for a long time, unless coming back from a night out, I fear.

‘Are you sure you don’t want me to come?’ Ozzy asks, as I pack my holdall bag on the end of my bed, pulling various items out of my wardrobe.

Turning back to him, I gently shake my head. I’m heading back home today to have my staples removed from my head; hence the reason Ozzy is so willing to join me for the appointment. I need to have them removed now before my head either rejects them or my skin grows over them, both of which sound utterly worrying. Ozzy has assured me however, that he can still see each of the eight staples in the back and side of my head, but they best not stay there for any longer.

‘You have a lesson to go to and Daisy said she’d drive me there anyway,’ I explain, searching my room for anything else I may need to take with me. Throwing a few tops and a pair of jeans into my holdall, I finally slip my laptop into its case and put that in there too, deciding I’ll probably stay home for the whole weekend rather than returning early.

‘Are you still upset about last night?’ He asks quietly, coming up and standing behind me. His right arm snakes its way around my waist and pulls me that little bit closer to him, whilst his left hand gently rubs up and down my arm.

Sighing, I lean into his body and admit, ‘I’m just really embarrassed about last night.’

He doesn’t respond immediately, but says, ‘I should have said something sooner, I’m sorry, Immy.’

I shrug. What else can I do? ‘It’s just all getting a bit much at uni,’ I say quietly, and wipe the stray tear that is just about to fall from my eye. ‘I think being home will help.’

‘I wish you would let me comfort you,’ he says softly, so softly I don’t even know if he actually said that aloud.

‘What?’ I ask him, hoping he’ll say it again.

I turn around to look at him and he rests his head against my forehead and repeats, so intimately, ‘I wish you would let me comfort you.’

His bright bluey-green orbs penetrate my own with such softness, that I feel bad for him thinking he doesn’t comfort me.

‘You do comfort me; Ozzy, but my friends can comfort me too.’ I gently stroke his cheek and send him a small smile, before beginning to put some makeup on and pulling my hair into a messy top knot. After I’ve used the bathroom, Ozzy has a quick shower and does goodness knows what else in the bathroom, but he leaves it immaculate and ready to leave. Dressed in some navy chinos and a plain white t-shirt and his trusty navy TOMS, he’s ready to go.

‘Won’t you be cold?’ I ask him, slipping on my denim jacket.

He reaches into my cupboard and pulls out a zip up hoodie for him to wear, before extending his hand out to mine for me to hold.

The streets are empty at this early hour, with only the occasional runner and dog walker passing us by, as Ozzy walks me to the station, which I appreciate as he carries my bags for me too. After buying my ticket and walking across to my platform, we wait for the train, which is due to arrive in two minutes. Before the train comes in, Ozzy pulls me to him and gently touches my hair and coos, ‘I can’t wait to run my fingers through your hair without worrying about your staples.’