21. My Sweetheart

A/N: Long chapter for me! I really hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think! Also, thanks for all your wonderful comments and wanting me to update, it makes me really happy :) Two songs to listen to at the side, Ho Hey and Reload on the external link. xx

Two weeks have passed and in that time, I’ve managed to get myself a summer job at a little cafe where I apparently used to work and have also tried to keep incredibly busy so that I’m not dwelling on Ozzy. It’s a strange feeling however, breaking up with someone; one day, you are calling and texting them and meeting up, to then absolutely no contact. I sort of miss that. I miss the contact and social side of our relationship. I miss Ozzy, of course I do, but I knew I couldn’t string him along knowing full well my feelings for him are not in the same league as his. 

In these two weeks, however, I’ve been talking a lot more to Leon, which is nice. Almost everyday, we’ve spoken about something or another and this weekend, It’s Sonny’s 21st birthday, so I have promised to join in with their celebrations, on the condition that Daisy could come along too, which of course they gladly accepted. 

Leon: Do you have a place to crash down here?’ He asks over Facebook.

Imogen: Nope. Daisy and I will drive back, I guess. 

Leon: Are you sure? We can put you both up in my room for the night?

Pondering this, I quickly respond back,

Imogen: If you’re sure?

Leon: Absolutely. That way you can both really enjoy yourselves. See you tomorrow :) x

As I close my laptop, I can feel Eleanor’s presence behind me. Peering over my shoulder, I spot her standing at my door, a drink in one hand and her phone in the other. We’ve finally started speaking again, with a lot of reluctance on her part. She’s still devastated to put it mildly about Ozzy and I, but I think she’s since realised that her hating me won’t change a thing. I know she is keeping in contact with Ozzy, as are Blake and Daisy. Truthfully, I want to be in contact with Ozzy too, but from what they’re telling me, he’s still heartbroken, and I don’t want to hurt his healing by demanding him to remain my friend. 

‘Yes?’ I question, seeing as she’s still said nothing. 

‘I thought we could talk. About Ozzy,’ she begins, coming over to me. 

Pursing my lips, I give her a look which speaks is that a good idea? Apparently so, as she takes her place opposite me on my bed. Resting herself against some pillows, she takes a few moments before saying, ‘I’m sorry if you feel like I’ve chosen Ozzy over you, I didn’t mean to, he’s just an important person in my life too. When you got together, you desperately wanted my seal of approval and I couldn’t give it to you fast enough. I saw how happy he made you and knowing that’s over, well, it crushes my view of love, Immy. If you two break up, what hope is there for the rest of us?’

I watch as my sister practically crumbles in front of me, as if I’ve dashed all of her hopes about love, so stroke her hair through, before trying to reassure her. ‘Of course there is hope. You have Theo, and even if that doesn’t work out, you will have plenty of boys swarming you to get your attention. Ozzy and I might have seemed perfect, but we weren’t, Elle. Maybe we were before the accident, but we weren’t towards the end of it. I couldn’t keep going on like that.’

She exhales a sigh, before rubbing her eyes and then looking at me. ‘I wish you didn’t fall, Immy. I wish that so much.’

‘Wishes don’t work, Elle,’ I respond. ‘Wishing won’t help because it’s happened.’

She looks sadly at me and asks, ‘Is there someone else now?’ 

My eyes widen at her question. Why is everyone thinking that?