Something Special.

The next morning Nicki woke up. She looked at the clock. It was 9:48 a.m. She saw that Drake wasn't in bed with her. She got up put on pink shorts that said Barbie Bitch across the butt in black letters, and a shirt that says " Everyday I'm Shuffling! ", Then she went downstairs to make pancakes for breakfast. She made a plate for Drake too. A few minutes later she started wondering where is her man!, She checked every room when she got back in the kitchen she saw a letter on the refrigerator saying "Back in a Bit" I love You - signed Lover Boy (Drake).

Drake POV

"What do you think?"

I stared at this gorgeous diamond ring that glistened in front of my eyes. I had it customly cut and made for her finger. The round diamond was surrounded by more smaller emerald cut diamonds. Diamonds also encrusted the double band neatly.

Something about it being the simplest beauty that attracted my eyes instantly summed up the meaning of her. She was the simplest beauty; I could never look away from her.

I looked up at Raymond, my jeweler. "It's perfect. She's going to love it."

"She still doesn't know. She's supposed to be getting ready right now for dinner. I flew her family out and everything. Tonight is going to be special."

"I bet." He took the ring from my fingers and placed it in its black box.

"Thank you so much." I shook his hand firmly.

"Good luck tonight."

She couldn't stop smiling as she sat talking to SB. I couldn't stop smiling as I watched her.

Her natural makeup dressed her face while her hair was pushed the side and curled. Her back was exposed slightly with her sleeveless black dress. We ended up matching; I wore the black sweater she picked out for me to match with pants and loafers.

She had no idea what was planned. She was just surprised to see her family; everyone was going along with my plan. Everything was just right.

I let my nose gracefully brush against her cheek before whispering in her ear. "Can I ask you something?"

She looked strangely at me as if I knew the answer and I did. "What is it, Aubrey?"

I grabbed her hand and lead her out of her seat to the front of the room.

"Aubrey, is something wrong?" She seemed scared and nervous making me feel calm before this nerve wrecking moment.

This was the moment; we've been through a lot. I needed her around all of the time. She wasn't just a want but a necessity. She was becoming a part of me. I got everyone's approval; the only I needed was hers.

"No, babe." My fingers were laced with hers and the room grew silent. I don't think she noticed because she was deeply focused on me.

"I love you so much. We've been through so much," We chuckled, "Ups and downs; more ups than downs. We've been great friends for so long, you know, before we took off in our careers...when you were heading off to college and I was working on my second mixtape. I've watched you grow into this woman that is so beautiful, so remarkable, so intelligent, so amazing. We've built this intimate relationship that I've never had before. You bring out the best in me. You've become apart of me. If you're not around me in the next fifteen minutes, I'm looking for you to be next to me. I've had my fun with my guys making my rounds with them doing things for fun, having fun. I'm ready to settle down. I'm ready to be in love with someone for the rest of my life. You make me so happy. You're my best friend and my lover. I want to be able to spend the rest of my life with you; being the best man I can for you. I want to continue to support you as well as you continue to support me. I love you. Onika Tanya Maraj, will you marry me?" I pulled the diamond ring out of the box as I kneeled down in front of her.

Her eyes glistened with water. She smiled so brightly making her dimple evidently show. Her mouth was covered in shock and my smile widened.

"Oh my gosh!" A tear fell from her eye. "Aubrey! Babe!" She looked around the room shocked. Her mouth still covered as another tear fell.

"Hm.." I smiled nervously waiting for her answer.

"I love you... So much."

"Answer him!" Someone yelled making the room smile and laugh.

Our eyes met each other; they smiled back at me telling me what I wanted to hear. She removed her hand where her pearly white teeth smiled with her left dimple strongly appearing.