click (joshler)

a/n // sometimes when u lose a friend u just gotta write a fluffy au ft. intetnet datefriends!joshler

tyler is dfab agender and josh is a transboy

"Tyler, I'm scared."

Josh's up too late and his voice croaks through the shitty service of Tyler's aging Motorola not-quite smartphone. They can't tell if he's crying or just scared, but they sigh internally anyway. Tyler squirms onto their stomach, before letting out a barely stifled yawn.

"Josh, babe, it's 3am my time, and you know Skype's a whore. Get some sleep."

Tyler's voice is its usually monotone, almost nasly sound, however mulled with sleep and a half yawn. Their long tank top rides up the smooth curve of their back and they exhale lazily, eyelids nearly fluttering shut.

"I know, princess." There's the sound of Josh turning over, probably lying on his stomach like he normally does when he gets scared. The nickname rolls off Josh's tongue smoothly, and makes his datefriend blush, their insides squirming. "But you know Brendon's probably gonna beat my ass anyway."

"They're a big fluffy pushover." Tyler snorts, running their hands against the short, shaved part of their undercut hair, half-wishing it was their boyfriend's.
Genderfluid badass Brendon wouldn't hesitate to beat up Josh anyway, but more in an older sibling affectionate way. Unless you dissed one of their datemates, that was. Then, there would be blood.

"I dunno, man. Remember when Pete accidentally called Dallon a boy? Man, she won't be doing that again!"
There's the sound of Josh doing yet another Cute Josh Thing; a lip bite accompanied with a laugh, all squinty eyed and adorable. Tyler's only ever seen it via a computer screen, but they'd do anything to experience it in realtime.

Dallon and Brendon had dated first; Dallon being a transgirl and Brendon being gender ambiguously genderfluid, the two were a dream couple.. until they came out as both bein poly. And then came transboy Ryan.. and then demigirl Sarah.. and of course bigender Spencer. Pretty soon, they just became one big mess of attractive trans people, all in one relationship.
Goals, honestly.

"Pete didn't mean it. She fucked up once, and plus, that was before she realized she wasn't cis." Tyler scolded their boyfriend playfully, a smile across their lips. "Anyway, when are we organizing this meet-up, hm?"

"April 18." Josh's grin is contagious even through the phone. "I have break and you've got Easter off, so we can spend the two weeks together."

"I'm so excited. I love you so much, babe." Tyler feels their voice squeak a little, and Josh's soft laughter isn't helping. God, Tyler really is in love with him.

"Me too, baby. Anyway, it's about four and you gotta get up at six." Josh sounds teasing and light, smile obvious, "Get some rest."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

Click.