sp00ky (peterick)

summary // based on the prompt - "Person A comes home from the store, and asks person B to help them unload. Person B finds that A has bought pumpkins. And only pumpkins."

its the Spookleave me alone

-

Patrick Stump had never been one for Halloween.

It wasn't that he didn't enjoy the holiday, so to speak; he just never really saw the point in running around in costumes and begging for free candy from strangers (which totally gave him pedophile vibes, honestly).

His boyfriend Pete, however, was the opposite.

His bloodstream was more pumpkin spice latte than oxygen; he knew every lyric to every song from Nightmare Before Christmas; and he went all out for costumes and decorations.

They'd been dating for seven and a half months (but who's counting?) before Pete suggested they move in together. Patrick fell for his trap and now, in September, was faced with a Halloween monstrosity of a boyfriend.
It wasn't even October yet and he was bringing out the holiday appropriate sweaters and dumb Halloween skeleton decorations ("For our fallen brethren in the Skeleton War, babe!"), not to mention every hint of every food being something-spiced (usually pumpkin).

Patrick told himself it was cute, but holy shit, it'd be cuter when it was over.
Or maybe when it was actually Halloween, and not the middle of fucking September, Pete, oh my god.

-
"Babe!"

Patrick had been listening to some band his friend Gabe recommended (they were actually really good, although their video where their singer turned into literal Satan was slightly questionable) when he heard his boyfriend's call.

"C'mon, be a good boyfriend and help me with the groceries!"
Patrick groaned a little, pausing the music video on a rather unflattering screencap of the singer doing a horrific double chin as he fell into the pits of Hell (literally, what the fuck?) and slumped over to their shared car (a shitty blue Hatchback that used to belong to Pete's mom before she got a real vehicle), ready to grab some groceries.

"Pete," He stated, eyes slightly wide as he saw the contents of the trunk, "Where are our groceries?"

"In the trunk, stupid." Pete stated the nickname affectionately, although Patrick was pretty sure he was literally fuming smoke out his ears because this was such a Pete Wentz thing to do, oh my god.

There were just pumpkins.
No food.
No water.
No god, probably.
Just fucking pumpkins.

"Pete," Patrick's voice sounded strangled, "Why are there only pumpkins in the car and no actual food?"

"Because, Patrick," Pete returned from inside, grabbing a smaller pumpkin under his arm and pausing to look at his boyfriend with a grin, "The spook!"

"Is this some kinda Tumblr thing I don't get?" Patrick looked confused and Pete just rolled his eyes.
"It's basically October, meaning it's basically Halloween!" He enunciated each word vividly, and Patrick raised an eyebrow.
"Pete, it's the middle of September."
"Yeah, so? It's basically Halloween!" He poked his bottom lip out in a perfect rendition of an upset child, and Patrick was seriously considering how illegal strangling your boyfriend to death was on a scale of one to ten, because holy shit was he considering it.

"I bought you a pumpkin specially," Pete resembled a scolded child or a kicked puppy, and, OK, so maybe Patrick fely bad now.

Pete thrusted possibly the tiniest pumpkin Patrick's ever seen in his direction; he tried not to smile or giggle, but he's betraying himself because his boyfriend is literally too pure for this world.

"I wanted to carve pumpkins with you," he stated almost shyly, and Patrick just kissed him in a way that's awfully sappy and far too sweet; Pete tasted like pumpkin spice and cigarette smoke and Patrick wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

They mutually pulled away after a few minutes of kissing (as to not start a makeout session in front of their house) before Pete grinned, piping up with, "So about those pumpkins..."