42 (petejoetrick)

summary // based on the prompt " Imagine your OTP/OT3 discussing about what is the meaning of life. Person A takes it very seriously and comes up with really deep and philosophical answers, while Person B's thoughts are more like something along the lines "money and sex".

Bonus: Person C comes up with a very Jaden Smith-like answer, leaving A and B just stare at them confusedly."

this is basically pete/patrick/joe tbh so i guess its petejoetrick???

-
"Hey, Pete."
Patrick's sprawled on his back between Pete and Joe; Ghostbusters is playing in the background but he's not actually paying attention to it for once. Pete's got his face pressed into a pillow, lying on his belly with his arm stretching over where Patrick's head is to interlock his fingers with Joe's, who's half watching the movie, half watching Patrick instead with a soft, sleepy smile of pure fondness.
Pete just groans in reply; it's hotel night and he can tell that either Pete's actually tired for once or he's annoyed at Joe's sudden bout of domesticity and would rather be having hot sex with one or both of his boyfriends.
"Joe," He tries instead, leaning his head onto Joe's shoulder. His boyfriend pecks his forehead gently, still half watching the movie but now more aware of his boyfriend half collapsed on top of him; Patrick's squirmed over now, so he's basically on top of Joe, legs entwined.
"What's the meaning of life?" He hums, and Joe turns and looks down at him with a mixture of exasperated fondness.
"I expected the deep and meaningful shit from Pete if anyone. It's only.." He turns, grabbing his phone and checking the time quickly - Patrick smiles as he notices his lockscreen is a picture of the three of them from when the band last went to Australia, with Joe and Pete cuddled around him as they watched the sunrise together.
"It's only 1:30am." Joe supplies, "And this movie only has twenty more minutes. Can it wait until then?"
"No," Patrick sighs. He's restless and bored, because even Ghostbusters gets boring after you watch it twenty bazillion times. "You're the enlightened stoner. What is it?"
"The meaning of life is purpose. Finding a reason to exist and wake up in the morning and go to sleep at night. It's finding a thing you do and sticking at it. It's.. It's being more than just a person."
Patrick watches him in awe, before whispering, "I was just gonna say pizza and hookers."
Joe jabs him in the ribs, which makes him squeal, flail and bump into Pete.
He simply raises his head and says sagely, "Mirrors can't be real if our eyes aren't real," before falling back to sleep.
Patrick rolls his eyes. His boyfriends are pretentious jerkfaces, he thinks.
"You're a pretentious jerkface." He vocalizes the thought, and emphasizes it with a sharp prod at Joe's stomach, making him whine sharply and take revenge via locking his legs around Patrick's waist and coiling his arms around his chest, pulling him into a death grip cuddle.
"Joe, no!" He yelps, flailing desperately to get out of his boyfriend's octopus cuddle. He shrieks as he lets go suddenly and pushes him towards Pete, who instinctively wraps his arms around his soft frame and holds him tight; Joe rolls over to join them, nuzzling his nose affectionately into the back of Patrick's neck.
"I'm pretty sure the meaning of life is actually having two great boyfriends, so you're good to go in that department."
Patrick smiles softly as he hears Pete speak as he feels himself start to fall asleep.