rivals [jalex]

"you were my rival in first grade and damn you've gotten really hot since then"/"we were enemies in elementary school and now we're at an elementary reunion and you're fucking hot" au

2013!jack x nothing personal!alex bc yeah i just REALLY LIKE 2013 JACK

--
"Hey, give that back!"
Six-year-old Jack Barakat shrieked as a mystery boy with pretty brown eyes and a mean smirk took the metal toy car from him.
"Mine now!" Brown Eyes - Alex, his nametag said - grinned, and of course, Jack being six, he burst into tears.

That was how the rivalry started.

--
"Ignorant. I-G-N-O-R-"
"A-N-T. Ignorant."
Alex and Jack were both finalists in their year's spelling bee; Jack had just cut into Alex's word - meaning they'd both be disqualified.
"You're the absolute worst!" Alex screamed through tears as he ran off to his mom.
"No, you are!" Jack yelled back, before running off.
And it continued.

--
"Stacie, will you go to the Fall Parade with m-"
"Don't go with that loser! I'm so much bettter than he is!"
Stacie Simons was the prettiest nine-year-old in their class; Jack and Alex both had huge crushes on her, and naturally, when Alex found out Jack was asking her to the Fall Parade, he had to chime in and get her to go with him. (She actually went instead with Sophie Leary and kissed her on the cheek).
"Why do you ruin everything!?" A distraught Jack screamed as he sobbed into his Iron Man hoodie.
"I dunno, why do you!?" Alex screeched back.
It only got worse.
--
"Don't play Spin the Bottle with Alex! He's no fun!"
"At least I can kiss, unlike you!"
"That's it!"
Jack launched himself at Alex; the two twelve-year-olds had gotten into a full-on fistfight, with teeth and nails and hands. A big chunk of Alex's hair had been ripped out, and Jack's lip was completely busted and bleeding everywhere.
Jack's parents finally noticed what was happening, and, finally being good parents, moved him to a fancy, new middleschool-highschool mix.
Jack never saw Alex again.
--
Well, so he thought.
"Elementary school reunion? Are you kidding me!? Seriously, Mom, not cool."
Jack's mom was dragging him along for absolutely no reason other than an excuse to flirt with the hot soccer dads, and besides, it'd be weird for her to be there and not him.
"Do I look okay?" He fretted, fixing his hair; the skunklike bleached part stood out starkly in comparison to his messy, chocolate-coloured locks; alot of people thought it was weird, but he liked it.
With a sigh, he fixed his Blink-182 tank awkwardly, before readjusting his beenie. He hoped he looked okay; there was bound to be hot guys or hot girls there, and even if it sucked otherwise, maybe he'd just get sucked off in the bathroom.
"Jack, honey, c'mon, we're going." His mom hummed, "Don't wanna be late!"
"I literally hate you right now."
~
Jack stood awkwardly off to the side of the small crowd of people his own age and older, deliberately not making conversation - he opted instead for playing Crossy Road on his phone. Some guy in an Anthrax shirt tried to talk to him - something Way, he vaugely recalled - yet he ignored the guy, opting instead to avoid making his onscreen chicken get run over, humming Rollercoaster by Blink-182 under his breath.
That was, until his eyes met with those dark chocolate ones, and he fell in love just a little. Well, more than a little - alot. The guy was gorgeous in every way; just the right height, with tousled caramel hair and deep brown eyes. Gorgeous.
His nametag said Alex.
"Uh, hi there.." Jack grinned sheepishly as he introduced himself, hoping desperately that the gorgeous man wouldn't remember the 6-year-long saga of their hatred for eachother.
"Jack Barakat. We.. We were enemies. I remember now. Obviously I didn't understand the concept of hot boys back then." Alex was the one to speak first, eyes scaling down Jack's skinny form, taking in every line and curve. The sexual tension was thicker than most guy's dicks, and to be honest, dicks was basically all Jack was thinking about at that point.
The two conversed in small talk for a while, before eventually Jack got sick of waiting, and pressed his lips against Alex's, kissing him hard. Alex readily kissed back, before Alex pulled away, panting, "Wanna go fuck in the bathroom stall?"
"Oh god, yes."
--
A/N - i didnt really like this one oops but w/e