amnesia (joshler)

a/n // this is just shameless joshler fluffy angst (kinda?) ft. tyler w temporary amnesia and im not sorry fight me

He wakes up with a breathy whisper and the taste of a gospel on his tongue.

Well, in terms of metaphors, a gospel is probably the most accurate term in which one would use to describe the flavor; a sour taste filling the back of his throat, invading through his lips and tongue, stinging inside his head like someone's decided to play a symphony behind his forehead. He wants to spit it out, but soon finds his mouth to be drier than originally anticipated. Yikes.

He rubs his eyes lazily, not minding the dark circles. He's no idea where he is right now anyway, but that's not important to him anyway.

There's a niggling feeling that something isn't right; his eyes cast down, squinting in twelve-oh-five-am light to see a familiar curly-haired boy with soft eyes, now blinking up at him.

Who?

"Morning you." Curly Hair kisses his cheek before stretching, revealing a strip of tan skin across his stomach, making him blush. He's hot, with a pretty tattoo of a tree across one of his forearms and a piercing in his nose. His smile, large and genuine, makes him feel all.. squelchy and happy inside. Or something like that, he isn't sure how to phrase the feeling.
His messy curls are a haphazard mess of dyes in purples and blues and pinks, mixed like a galaxy on top of his brain, falling across his face in the awkward angle he's leant in. He's cute, honestly, but he still hasn't the foggiest idea who he is.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?"
He looks perplexed, but adorably so, and Curly Hair looks like he's about to coo about how cute he is.

"Again?" A soft moment of anger crosses Curly Hair's face - no, more like sadness, disappointment - but it's soon replaced with an easygoing half smile and sympathy in his eyes.
"Your name is Tyler Joseph. You're in a really cool band called Twenty One Pilots. You play piano, bass, ukulele - probably more - and you have a voice like an angel."

Tyler's cheeks hurt from smiling.
He remembers that much now, but it means he knows who he is, at least. Not who the attractive boy with pretty hair who kissed his cheek is. Unfortunately, because Tyler has a strange urge to protect him. He's soft, and cute, so it's not like he's to blame for it.. certainly not.

"I'm Josh. I drum for your band. We're best friends, and we have been for years." 'Josh' takes a deep, anxious inhale before mumbling, "We're kind of actually married."

Tyler blushes a little at the thought of him being married to Josh - pretty, kind Josh with nice hair and a cute smile - and for once feels at peace. He's getting bits and pieces of their life together - adopting their dog, which Tyler wanted to name Socrates or Plato, but ended up being named Taco Belle. Or, the time they came out as a couple - their parents had been nothing but supportive and kind towards their boys, and the fans had loved them even more. He remembers the Blurryface tour and the Twitter fiasco; creating music videos for other songs on the album, like the one for The Judge featuring Brendon and his significant others, Ryan and Sarah, or the one for Goner, featuring Josh saving him from suicide, apparently just like in real life.

Tyler's only human, so it's not surprising that he practically throws himself at Josh, causing the other - his boyfriend, husband, he glows - to giggle, pushing him off him and pressing a gentle kiss into the corner of his mouth, making Tyler flush in turn.

"I'm glad I don't have permanent amnesia," He mumbles later, tangled up with Josh in a mess of limbs and kisses, both with scruffy hair and blushing cheeks, "Because I don't want to ever forget this."