Chapter Thirty-five

*three weeks later*
*April AMA awards*

  I sat up with a yawn and rubbed my eyes. I looked over at Andy who was still peacefully asleep beside me. I smiled, and leaned down to kiss his cheek. Tonight, is the AMA awards so me and Andy had drove in to Tennessee a day ago. Andy soon woke up and sat up as well. He leaned over and pressed a kiss to my cheek.
    "So what are we going to do until this award show tonight?"
He asks.
    "Well, I don't know about you but I have an interview to get to in a few hours."
I say.
  He sighs.
    "So I'm going to be stuck in the hotel room all day until you get back?"
He questions.
    "I mean, you can come with me but they probably aren't going to let you come into the booth or anything. You'll probably have to wait outside."
I say.
    "I mean, I guess I can go with you. I'd rather sit outside of a studio all day than sit inside a hotel room cooped up all day."
I say.
  I soon went to my bag and pulled out a pair of shorts from American Eagle and a coral shirt with a white anchor stamped across the front and my black converse. I went and got dressed in the bathroom and took my hair out of its messy updo. I ran my fingers through my hair and then added some makeup to my tanned skin. I walked out and Andy was dressed in black skinny jeans and a white tshirt. He then slides his combat boots onto his feet.
    "Ready?"
I ask.
    "Yeah."
He says, shoving his wallet into his back pocket.
  We walk out of our hotel room to my truck which is parked out front. We climb inside and I drive down to the radio station that I have an interview with. Me and Andy climb out and I make sure the doors are locked. We then walk in hand in hand. I walked up to the lady at the front desk. She looks up at smiled.
    "Oh hey, Ms. Tylers. Go on into studio three, David is waiting on you."
She says.
    "Okay, is it okay if my boyfriend comes in there with me?"
I ask.
    "Oh of course honey. He is welcome in there. I'm sure that David will love to have him as a guest as well."
She says, smirking at Andy and batting her eyelashes.
  I grab Andy's hand and walk towards studio three, rolling my eyes. I knock on the door. David comes a few seconds later and opened it with a huge smile on his face. Me and Andy walk inside. We sit on couch that is placed in the studio and place the headphones on our heads, leaving one ear out. David smiles.
    "And we are back with McKinley Tylers and...."
He cuts off looking to Andy.
    "Oh, I'm her boyfriend Andy Biersack."
He says.
    "Well, it is nice to have both of you here in the studio today. We have a couple of questions for you guys today as well."
He says.
  I smile.
    "That sounds amazing."
I say.
    "So, McKinley how long have you and Andy here been dating?"
    "Umm... We have been dating since July fourth of last year."
I say.
    "Y'all are closing in on a year then."
He says.
    "Yeah, getting pretty close."
Andy says.
    "So anything special planned?"
He asked.
    "I don't know. I mean, it's my birthday and my family usually has something big planned for me."
I say, with a shrugg.
    "I'm surprised that you don't have anything planned there, Andy."
David says.
  Andy shruggs.
    "I don't know. We are just playing stuff by ear right now. I mean, we aren't in a big rush to settle down because let's face it we are both young and we don't want to rush into anything."
Andy says.
    "Yeah, I guess you have a point there. It's just now days, kids are getting married around six months into the relationship if not before."
He says.
    "Yeah, we aren't really ready for the whole marriage life quite yet. We both agreed to wait until we are both completely ready and we haven't really talked about it since then."
He says.
    "Okay so, next question. The fans want to know how life is being Brantley's little cousin now that baby Mason is here."
He says.
    "It is really amazing. I mean I babysit little Mason all the time, because they actually asked me and Andy to be the godparents before he was born. That was actually before me and Andy got together obviously, but they said that if anything ever happened to them they wanted someone they could trust to always be there to look after the little guy. I mean how can you say no, he's absolutely adorable. He's actually not a handful quite yet, but him being Brantley's kid I'm sure he is going to be in the future."
I say, with a chuckle.
    "So the fans also want to know, why exactly did you change your sound? Not that we have a problem with it of course."
    "Well, I grew up listening to rock music. I mean you can go out to my truck now and find Guns 'N Roses, AC/DC, and all kinds of different stuff. I've always been heavily influenced by rock music, and my music has always leaned more towards rock than it has actual country. Then when me and Andy met, it actually started to go more towards rock then. Then with our next record, most of the songs that I had written were heavier stuff so I made the entire album rock. Because honestly, I only have a few more months on my record contract and we have talked to many different companies and they are really interested in having us as part of their team."
I say, taking a sip from my bottle of water.
    "So you mention your contract going out, have you decided what label you want to go to?"
He asks.
    "Well, we've talked to Sumerian records and Valory and we are really indecisive right now on who we will go to."
I say.
    "Well, I guess it kind of all depends on really who has the better deal."
He says.
    "Yeah, I mean we are definitely talking to them and working out things. It is definitely stressful, but we are trying to get everything worked out because our last manager wasn't very polite. We don't want to end up with another one of him on our hands."
I say.
    "Oh yeah, I heard about that. Like before your new album released didn't he threaten to drop you guys or something?"
  He asks.
    "Yeah, but we told him it would be unwise considering we are one of his top bands."
I say.
    "Yeah,  I guess you have a good point there. So one last question before we go, what can fans expect from the band in the future?"
He asks.
    "Well, they can definitely expect more music. They can also expect heavier music from us. We are definitely going to try and tour a little bit more I'm sure. I don't know about my hand members, but I for one miss touring."
I say, with a smile.
    "Well, this has been McKinley Tylers and her quiet boyfriend Andy Biersack."
David says.
  I laugh and so does Andy.
    "Well, it's been nice to be here."
I say.
  David chuckles.
    "It has been nice talking to the both of you."
He says.
    "It's been nice talking to you as well."
Andy says.
  David then turns on one of my older tracks and me and Andy walk out of the room.
    "Well, that was definitely different."
He says.
    "Yeah, David is a little bit of a different interviewer but I like him. He's cool I guess."
I say.
    "So food?"
Andy says.
    "Actually that would be amazing."
I say.
  He chuckles and we walk out to my trunk. I pull the keys from my pocket and I unlock the doors. I then climb in as does Andy.
    "So where are we going?"
I ask, cranking the truck.
    "Something quick because I am about to die of hunger."
He says.
  I pull into a taco bell and Andy laughs.
    "Hey, you said something quick and that's what I am trying to do."
I say.
  We go inside and order. Once our order was called we walked to a booth and sat down to eat. Once we are finished, we walk back out to the truck. I climb inside.
    "They are going to be sending a limo at four to come and pick us up for the red carpet event which as you know is mostly interviews and crap."
I say.
  I then drive back to the hotel. We walk up to the hotel room.
    "Well, I'm going to go and start getting ready."
I say.
  He nodds. I get my strapless high-low dress which is white and ombred down to black. It reached my knees in the front and my calves in the back. I had even bought black heels for the occasion. I changed and struggled with the zipper. I sighed and called Andy.
    "Hey Andy, can you please come and zip me up?"
I call.
  He chuckles. I was turned so he could only see my back. I shiver as his hands lightly brush my back. I slide into my heels. I then push Andy out.
    "Now out, I have to finish getting dressed and you have to get dressed."
I say.
  He sighs and nodds. He walked out and I got started on my makeup. I added a dark Smokey eye and some eyeliner. I then added some light pink lipgloss. Once I was finished, I wet my hands and run it through my hair. My curls are soon somewhat tamed and I hairspray it and walk out. Andy is dressed clad in a black button up, black skinny jeans, his black boots, and the black leather jacket that matched mine. I smile lightly. I then picked mine up and slide it on over my dress. Andy smiles.
    "Looks like everyone is going to know who you belong to."
He says with a wink.
    "Good thing because there is always one drunk that tries to get me to come home with him."
I say, with a smirk.
    "Well, looks like he is out of luck."
He says.
  I smile. He leans in to kiss me but is interuppted by a knocking on the door. I walk over to the door and open it. It is the guy from the desk downstairs.
    "Ms. Tylers, your limo is waiting downstairs for you."
He says.
  Andy grabs his wallet and I grab my clutch that I had put my id and other important stuff in. Andy wraps his arm around my waist as we made our way downstairs. The driver of the limo was waiting with the door opened. We then climbed inside. Andy pulled out his phone.
    "We forgot to take a picture my Angel."
He says.
  I sigh.
    "Fine."
  He smiles and turns the camera to face us. I smiled and Andy pressed a kiss to my cheek. He quickly took it and then began typing something. He handed me his phone.
    'Headed to the awards show with my Angel tonight. She can't look anymore beautiful. I love you @McKinleyRoseofficial'
  I smiled and pressed the post button. I smiled lightly when the limo pulled to a stop.
    "Here's our time."
I say.
  The door is opened and Andy climbs out first and then helps me. I could hear the crowd scream when they saw me. I smiled and waved at them. Me and Andy are quickly ushered to the first person on the red carpet. She smiles when she sees me.
    "Well, Ms. McKInley Tylers, I have to say that you look absolutely beautiful. And who is this handsome man that you have with you tonight?"
She asks.
  I smile and Andy wraps his arm around my waist.
    "This is my wonderful boyfriend, Andy Biersack."
I say.
  She smiles.
    "Well, I have to say that you two are absolutely adorable together."
She says.
    "Thank you."
I say with a smile.
    "So big night tonight, you are nominated for best new album of the year."
She says.
  I smile.
     "Yeah, it is a big night. I mean, I know the other artists in the category and I mean if I don't win I'm not going to be mad about it."
I said shrugging.
    "Well, there you have it. This has been McKinley Tylers and her boyfriend Andy Biersack."
The lady says.
  We are soon ushered along to the next person. We finally make it into the actual building. Andy bit his lip.
    "I feel really awkward."
He says.
  I look around and notice Hunter Hayes, Carrie Underwood, Blake Shelton, and a couple of other big names in country music. I chuckle and peck his cheek.
    "It's nothing to worry about, Andy."
I say.
  We soon walk over to where they are standing. Carrie smiles when she sees me.
    "Hey there, McKinley just got your new album on itunes and I have to say it is pretty amazing."
She says.
  I smile.
    "Thanks. That means a lot."
I say.
    "So who's this?"
Carrie asks bumping my hip.
  I wrap my arm around Andy's waist as he does the same to me.
    "This is my boyfriend, Andy Biersack. I asked him to be my plus one tonight."
I say.
  She smiles.
    "Well, you two make a lovely couple."
She says.
    "Thanks."
I say with a smile.
  We soon walk to our assigned seats because the award show is about to start. Me and Andy of course as side by side and on my other side is the people from Lady Antebellum. On the other side of Andy is Luke Bryan and his wife. I was mostly disinterested the entire time, playing with mine and Andy's intertwined hands.
    "Okay, next we are going to be giving away the award for the best new album of the year. This category has seen it's fair share of artists. New and old. Here are the nominees."
Miranda Lambert says into the microphone.
  Me and Andy watched the little clip which was a mashup of the commercials for each of the albums. He squeezed my hand when the ad for mine ran across.
    "And the winner is....... McKinley Tylers!"
Miranda says into the mic.
  A smile spread across my lips. Andy stood up and then helped me up. He then pecked my lips. I walked up to the stage and I am handed the award. I then step up to the microphone.
    "Wow, this is an honor. First, I just got thank the Lord without him I wouldn't be here today. I would also like to thank my fans and my family, they helped me so far in my career. I would also like to thank my boyfriend, Andy Biersack, he also helped in the making of this album."
With that, I walked off stage and back to my seat. Andy smiles and wraps his arm around my waist.
    "Congratulations, Angel. You really deserved it."
He says.
  I smile and peck his lips.
    "Thanks."
I whisper.
  We finished watching the award show. I yawned and rested my head on Andy's shoulder. I had done most of the driving last night and now I'm about to literally fall asleep. Andy chuckles.
    "Just a little while longer. We can skip the after party and go back to the hotel and go to sleep."
He says.
  I sigh and nodd. Once the award show is over, we go back to our limo. The driver opens the door and Andy helps me inside.
    "Where to Ms. Tylers?"
He asks.
    "The hotel. I'm tired and ready to get some sleep."
He chuckles.
    "Of course, Ms. McKinley."
He says.
  Andy then climbs in and cuddles himself next to me. Our ride to the hotel is short. We then go inside and I grab my pajamas and go into the bathroom and change. Once I was done, I take off all of my makeup. I then walk back into the room, Andy is already in his pajama pants without at t-shirt this time. We then climb into bed and I cuddled into his side. He smiles and kisses my forehead. He then clicks off the bedside lamp. I then fell asleep listening to the sound of his gentle heartbeat as Andy rubbed soothing circles on the skin of my waist.