Chapter Ten

*two weeks later*
  Andy sighed as he got his stuff settled into his new temporary room. He looks around at the white painted walls. He turns to me.
    "I'm going to miss you."
He says, playing with the bandages covering his healing cut on his hand.
  I wrap my arms around his waist.
    "I'll come and visit as much as I can."
I say.
    "At least call and keep me updated on yourself. I mean, I'm going to be in here for a year. I don't want to completely lose you."
He says, his voice muffled by my hair.
    "I'll call when I can. I'll be really busy with the new album that my manager wants me to work on. I don't know when I'll have free time for anything, really."
I say, tucking a piece of stray hair behind my ear.
    "Just please be strong for me, McKinley. I don't want to have to see you in one of these places or worse."
He says, looking into my eyes.
  There was a knock on the door. It was the nurse. She gave a smile.
    "I'm sorry, but visiting hours are over. We need to let Mr. Biersack get settled in."
She says.
  I squeeze Andy right one last time as a tear streaked down my cheek. He gently rubbed it away with his thumb.
    "Don't cry, McKinley. Now, go before you miss your flight."
He says, gently pushing me towards the door.

*Andy*
  As soon as McKinley left, a tear streaked down my cheek. After all this time, I still couldn't tell her what I've been wanting to tell her. I've been wanting to tell her that I am in love with her.
    "Mr. Biersack it's dinner time and then we have to show you around the campus and give you your time table."
She says.
  I sigh and scrub a hand through my hair. This is going to be just like school.

*McKinley*
  Another tear trailed down my cheek as I traveled farther away from Andy. I'm trying not to burst out into sobs. I will miss him so much. He doesn't realize, from the day that he came to my house crying is the day he had me falling for him. I pulled out my phone looked looked through all of the random pictures that we had taken together. They were typical best friend pictures, he would never like me like that anyways. Why would he want a broken girl, when he can have any girl that he wants? I sigh and plug my headphones into my phone. I put on 'Saviour' and listened to Andy's soothing voice. I closed my eyes and leaned back against the head rest.

----------------------------------
  There was a gentle shake on my shoulder and I woke up, taking my headphones out.
    "We have landed."
  I look up and a guy with bright brown eyes and messy brown hair was standing beside me.
    "Thank you."
I say, quietly.
  He looks at my shirt.
    "The Misfits huh?"
  I look down at my shirt.
    "This is actually my best friend's shirt. I borrowed it and never returned it."
I say with a chuckle.
  He chuckles as well.
    "Oh by the way, I'm Kiryll, but you can call me Kir. I'm in the band Down & Dirty."
He says, with a smile.
    "McKinley."
I say, with a small smile.
    "Wait, the McKinley Tylers that went on tour with Black Veil Brides?"
He says, seeming to recognize my face.
    "Yeah, the one and only."
I say.
    "Dude! I had tickets to go and then like the entire tour got mysteriously canceled. Like nobody can figure out why."
He says.
    "One of the band members had some personal issues to take care of."
I say, with a shrug.
    "Oh is everything going to be okay?"
He asks.
  I nodd.
    "Yeah, they are doing much better and have stuff sorted out."
I say.
  He nodds. I see Brantley and Amber waiting on me.
    "Well, I gotta get going. My ride is here."
I say.
  He nodds.
    "Alright. Maybe we can meet up sometime for coffee or something."
He says.
  He writes his number on a scrap piece of paper and hands it to me. I smile and nodd.
    "Yeah, maybe. I'm going to be really busy. New music on the way."
  He smiles and nodds.
    "That's definitely something to look forward too."
He says.
  I chuckle.
    "Yup, it's probably going to be more hardcore this time. Our new songs are a bit darker."
I say.
  He smiles and nodds.
    "Sounds wicked."
  I walk over to Brantley and Amber.
    "Find a new friend?"
Brantley teases.
    "He was a fan and I didn't want to be mean. He woke me up on the plane. I fell asleep listening to music. I haven't slept much lately."
I say.
  Brantley nodds.
    "Caleb told me."
He says.
  We walk out to his truck. Max has his head stuck out the window. I smile when I see him.
    "He's missed you."
Brantley says.
  I smile and climb into the truck. Max crawls into my lap and licks my face. I smile.
    "Hey boy."
I say.
  I then pull my phone out. I check the time. It would be just before bed for Andy. I dialed the number for the clinic.
    "Hello? Can I help you?"
    "Yes. Can I speak to patient, Andrew Biersack?"
I ask.
    "We are transfering you over to his room."
She says.
  The phone rings again. It rings about five times before Andy's voice comes through the phone.
    "Hello?"
He answered.
    "Hey, Ands."
I say.
    "Hey, McKinley. Was your flight okay?"
He asks.
    "I'm assuming it went good. I fell asleep about five minutes in."
I say.
    "Good you finally got a little bit of sleep. You haven't been sleeping well."
He says.
  I sigh.
    "I know, I know. I didn't have nightmares this time."
I say.
    "That's good."
He says.
    "How is everything going there?"
I ask.
    "It's decent. The food is okay, the people are okay, and the nurses are pretty nice I guess. I haven't had a therapy secession yet or a group therapy yet either so I'm not sure how that is going to go either."
He says.
    "I'm sure it will go well. Just give it a chance Andy. It is going to help you on the road to get better."
I say.
  He sighes.
    "I know, but an entire year away from my fans and family. I'm already homesick."
He says.
    "Speaking of fans, I ran into a fan that was going to the tour and was disappointed because it got canceled. He tried his best to figure out what happened."
I say.
    "I'm thinking about when I get out of here doing a video and setting everything straight and explaining what happened to the BVB army."
He says.
    "Whatever you decide to do I will help."
I say.
    "Thanks."
He says, you could hear the smile in his voice.
  There was muffled talked from behind him. He sighed.
    "Well, it's my cerfew. I got to go McKinley. I'll talk to you later."
He says.
    "Okay."
I say.
  I was left listening to the phone dialtone. Brantley pulled up in my driveway.
    "Do you want us to stay with you tonight?"
He asks.
  I sigh.
    "I kind of don't want to be alone."
I say.
  Brantley nodds and turns off the truck. He helps Amber out and we walk inside. I took in the distinct smell of my house. I walked upstairs and changed into a pair of yoga pants and a tank top. I walked back downstairs and curled up on the couch. Brantley looked at me weird.
    "You aren't going to sleep in your bed?"
He asks.
    "I'm going to watch tv. You guys can sleep in there. Its bigger than the one in the guest bedroom."
I say.
  Amber gives me a smile and Brantley hugs me.
    "Things are going to get better."
He says.
  I nodd. I then turn on the tv. I watched L.A. Ink until I drifted off to sleep.