Chapter Two: Letting Go

*McKinley*

I woke up to the sunlight streaming through my window and Max licking my face. I giggled and pushed him off.

"Get off you goof ball."

I said.

He barked and hopped off my bed. I got up and walked downstairs. I poured Max fresh water and food. I then started pulling out the stuff needed for homemade biscuits. I got it out and got to measuring and mixing everything. I looked up and saw Andy walking downstairs. His chest bare and a pair of Batman pajama pants low on his hips. His hair messy. He sat at the counter.

"How you feeling?"

I asked, quietly.

"A little better. It still hurts as expected, but I came to the conclusion that we weren't made for each other. I guess I just wasn't meant to be with her my entire life like I thought. I guess there's someone out there that is different."

He said.

"It happens."

I said.

I then took out a round pan and rolled out eight neat biscuits. I then popped them in the oven which I had been preheating. I set the timer. I then grabbed out a thing of bacon so it could defrost some. I then sat on the side of Andy.

"So, we still recording today?"

I asked.

"I don't know. It depends if the guys get here on time. They'll call me when they land and if it isn't too late, then we'll head in."

He said.

"Alright."

Then the time went off. I got up grabbing the frying pan. I opened the bacon and put pieces out onto the skillet. I went and grabbed a fork.

"Do you always cook so much?"

He asked.

"Depends I guess. Mostly on how I feel. I'm in an unusally good mood today."

Then I looked up at the calender on the refrigator and my smile faded. Today was the day. It's been four years. There was a knock on the door. I walked over and unlocked it and then opened it. It was Brantley. He hugged me.

"How you doing?"

He mummered.

"I'm okay right now. Give me a little while."

I said, walking back into the kitchen.

Brantley then took my spot that I had been sitting in beside Andy.

"You're cooking!"

Brantley said, happily.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, Brantley. It's something I usually do when I have company or I'm hungry."

I said.

"But you don't usually cook biscuits when I'm over."

He said.

"Well, I felt like it today."

I said.

Andy chuckled and shook his head.

"You two fight like brother and sister."

He said.

"Might as well be. We basically grew up together."

Brantley said.

I finished the bacon, laying it out on a plate with paper towels over it. Then the timer beeped for the biscuits to be gotten out. I took them out and sat them on the stove top. I then turned and grabbed the eggs from the refrigator.