Chapter Fifteen

*three months later*
  It's been two months since I seen Andy and he has three months until he is out. They decided that they would let him out a little early. He is going to be able to come and see me for my birthday which is in four months. He's getting more and more anxious to get out of there as well. He is ready to be back on the road making music for his fans. He said that he even misses the annoying interviews and photoshoots that they had to sit through. He says that he is kind of ready to get all of that back.
    "Are you okay?"
Kir asks,  wrapping his arms around my waist.
  Before anyone assumes stuff we aren't dating, we are simply really good friends. I jump out of my thoughts.
    "Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking that's all."
I say.
  He nodds.
    "Okay."
He says.
  We are currently in the studio taking lunch break. I wasn't really hungry so I was kind of chilling away from everyone until Kir came over and started asking me questions of course.
    "Well, almost got this album done. How do you feel about that?"
He asks.
    "It feels good. I'm just ready to get it over with."
I say.
    "That's understandable. Working in the studio gets tiring."
He says.
    "Yeah."
I say.

----------------------------------
  We finally get done tracking the last few songs so that the CD will be in postproduction. We decided to go out and grab a couple of pizzas and go to Caleb's house and hang out for a little while. We got there and we ate the pizzas and watched movies. Overall it was a pretty decent day for the band and our few friends that we had invited over. I giggled when Alley tickled my sides. I tried to smack her hands away. She laughed and stopped.
    "So three months until your buddy comes home. Are you excited?"
She asks.
    "Yeah, Andy is ready to be home. He'll actually be able to be home for my birthday and I'm really excited. Its been a while since I've actually had a decent birthday."
I say.
    "Yeah, I'm sure that Andy and the guys will make sure that it is decent. They make parties worth while."
She says.
  I sigh and nodd, brushing my messy curls from my face.
    "True. I think everybody had fun at Andy's birthday party and there wasn't even drinking involved. Not that I'm saying there will be drinking at my birthday party either, because I'm not really comfortable around drinking after what happened to Brantley. I'll explain that to them if they have a big problem with it."
I say.
  She nodds and plays with the end of some of my curls.
    "Yeah, I guess you have a good point. You know, I think it would be pretty if you put a dark red on the underneath of your hair. I mean we are going to a more punk rock music styles, we should try some different hair styles and stuff like that."
She says.
  I look down at my black curls. I sigh and nodd.
    "We should probably try something new. Come on let's go."
I said, getting up and grabbing her hand.
  We walked out to my truck. We climbed inside and I drove to the mall. We climbed out and walked inside.
    "Have you decided what you are doing?"
Alley asks.
    "I think I'm going to get red ombre."
I say.
  She smiles.
    "That will look pretty I think I am going to do mine steel blue ombre."
She says.
    "That will be pretty. I love that color, but I would never be fearless enough to try it."
I say as we walk in the beauty salon.
    "What can we do for you ladies today?"
The guy at the counter asks.
    "We would like to get our hair dyed."
Alley answers.
  We show him a picture and him and his assistant gets to work on mine and Alley's hair. Once mine was finished and blow dried I gasped at the results. It looked really amazing. I thanked the guy who had done my hair and paid. Alley came out a few seconds later with her hair finished. Hers looked amazing as well. (I will post a pic of her hair in the next chapter) She grinned when she saw my hair.
    "Oh my gosh, McKinley! Your hair looks amazing!"
She gushes.
    "Mine, girl look at yours. It's beautiful!"
I gasp, playing with the now light colored locks.
  She laughed and tucks some hair behind her ear.
    "Lets get back to Caleb's before they start calling us and asking where we are. I'm surprised they haven't already."
She says.
  She pays and we walk out to my truck. I drive back to Caleb's house. We walk inside and all the guys gasp when they see our hair.
    "Your hair! What did you do to it!"
Brad yelled.
    "It's called hair dye Brad. Quit freaking out. It's not that big of a change."
Alley says.
  Brad rolls his eyes and they all go back to playing video games. Me and Alley look at each other.
    "Wanna go to my house and watch Netflix?"
I ask.
    "Yup."
She says, popping the p.
  We walk to our vechiles and climb inside. We then drive to my house. Max came bounding into the kitchen where me and Alley were standing. I chuckled and leaned down and scratched behind his ear. I took out my phone and scrolled through Facebook. I noticed that Brantley had posted another picture of his son, Mason James Gilbert, who was born about two months ago. I smiled and liked the picture.
    "Picture of Mason?"
Alley asks.
    "Yeah, he's so precious."
I say.
    "I can't wait for Andy to meet him since he is supposed to be the godfather and all."
She says.
    "Yeah, I hope he doesn't cry."
I say as I put a bag of popcorn into the microwave.
    "Yeah, didn't Brantley cry when he was born?"
She asked.
    "Yeah. He claims he didn't but he did. There were clearly tears coming down his face."
I say.
  She giggles. Once the popcorn is done, I grab it from the microwave and we go into the living room. I turn on the Xbox and pull up my Netflix. I scroll through the movies and we decide on 'The Fault In Our Stars' which makes us cry every time we watch it. After a couple of movies me and Alley fell asleep on the couch curled up with Max.