Chapter 12

A/N: IT IS AN ACTUAL SCHOOL.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night" -Steve Martin

(1 week later)

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"Juliet" I heard someone say from the distance. I fluttered open my eyes and looked around my room. The sun was shining into the room-looks like I forgot to close the curtains last night.

*Knock knock*

"Juliet" The voice said again, I looked to my right and figured out that it was coming from outside the bedroom door.

"Come in" I said in a raspy voice because of the fact that I just woke up, the door handle slowly opened revealing dad.

"Hey sweetheart" Dad said smiling while looking around my room.

"Hey dad" I replied back.

"You still tired?" He asked. I smiled and nodded my head; I got up in a sitting position and leaned against the bed post.

"Well you will get used to it, it's about twelve in the afternoon at Birmingham so it should be no problem for you" He said.

"Yeah but this bed is so comfortable I don't want to leave it" Dad laughed and kissed the top of my head.

"Get ready you've got school" I moaned in annoyance.

"I don't want to go" I told him. Dad got up and started leaving the room.

"Well you haven't got a choice so start getting ready" Dad shut the door behind him. I sighed and got out of bed.

***********************

"Hey you look nice" I said to Jade. She gave me a smile. She had on a red/white flowered printed dress which ended just above her knees and a pair of black flat shoes and she even straightened her hair.

"You look good as well, very casual and very you" She said. Yes that is right, I decided to go casual I might want to change my personality but not my clothing. My short hair was straightened which made it look a little longer. I wore on a blue button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of denim shorts which the shirt was tucked in and red flat vans-no makeup.

"Let's go then" I told her. We both walked down the long stairs and into the kitchen. Jackson was already sitting down and eating. Granddad and dad were also there as well having a conversation.

"Hey girls" Granddad said. We both smiled at him.

"Ok I want you all to sit around the table so I can tell you about your new school. I was going to take you to look around but I was far too busy and I didn't want Landon to take you because well he is Landon...so, take a seat" Me and Jade sat down.

"So which secondary school are we going to?" Jackson asked.

"This is different to secondary school. This is called high school and high school has college in their as well. So Jackson you are in your senior year which is basically college for you" Granddad told him, Jackson smiled and nodded.

"So what about me and Juliet?" Jade asked.

"Well Jade you are going to be a sophomore and that is grade ten?"

"What like year ten?" She asked.

"Pretty much yeah" Granddad said. Jade sighed and leant against her chair.

"And Juliet you will be a junior which is grade eleven so one year before your senior year" Granddad explained.

"So do you guys get it?" Dad asked.

"Yes" We all said in unison.

"So the High School you will be attending is Jackson Memorial High School" Jackson suddenly screamed loudly.

"Jackson why are you screaming?" Dad asked.

"See granddad told them I was coming so they changed it to Jackson Memorial High School because me being in the school will be a blessing" Jackson said.

"Don't beg it Jackson" I told him. He looked at me and stuck his tongue out.

"You're just jealous they never named the school after you" I rolled my eyes and began eating the fruit in my bowl.

"Alright girls you eat as quick as you can and I will take you guys and your dad. So, if I can't take you then your dad can. If that's alright with you Adam?"Granddad said. Dad shook his head.

"No problem" Dad said. I quickly ate the fruit as fast as I could and suddenly got full, I don't think I can eat the pancakes anymore. I took the empty bowl and placed it in the sink.

"Juliet aren't you going to eat your pancakes?" Dad asked.

"No I'm full" Dad sighed and touched my back leading me towards the door.

"Come on then, go wait in the car with your granddad" I walked towards the door and opened it. Granddads car was parked by the front gates, I ran to it and opened the passenger door. I got in and shut the door behind me.

"So you nervous then?"Granddad asked me.

"Yeah. New school and new kid, I don't know if I'll adjust or not" I told him. Granddad patted my hand in comfort

"Don't worry it will be ok" He assures me.

"Look here come your brother and sister" Jade and Jackson were walking down the path with dad walking behind them. They all got in the back of the car and granddad began driving.

"The school is only twenty minutes away from the house Adam" Granddad began saying.

"It's ok Gregory"

********************

Well let's say it was long twenty minutes of awkwardness between dad and granddad. I laughed in between but just said that I remembered something.

"We are here" Granddad said. I looked out the window and saw this big building. It said on the glass door FINE ARTS CENTRE.

"That school looks really big" I said to myself.

"Yes it is, your mother went to this school. By the way Jackson do you know how your mum came up with your name?" Granddad asked. I turned around and Jackson shook his head as a no.

"Well she gave birth to you in this school" All of our eyes widened.

"What....what do you mean?" Jackson asked stuttering.

"Well your dad couldn't keep it in his pants when he came here for holiday and got my daughter pregnant while they were dating and well she came to school for some work and ended up going into early labour and decided to name her first son Jackson after her school" Me and Jade started laughing as we pointed at Jackson.

"That is hilarious" Jade said calming down.

"I know right, man I feel sorry for you" I told Jackson. He went red and looked down at his lap.

"I feel sorry for myself" He said.

"Ok well come on guys welcome to your new school"