Chapter 13

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

-Unknown

"Alright come on then" Granddad said. I held the strap of the bag tighter and walked with dad at the back.

"I hope these Americans are going to be nice to us" I told dad. He laughed while we crossed the road.

"Don't worry. Americans love British people, trust me. You should have seen your mum's friends when I first got together with her" That one made me laugh

"Oh dad. Dad, dad...dad"

"This doesn't look much of a school" Jackson said from the front once we entered. This looks like the reception area and there was a clear glass door at the front where the hall way was with blue lockers everywhere. Great a typical high school it seems.

"Well it is" Granddad tells him. We followed granddad to the receptionist who was writing something on a piece of paper.

"Excuse me?" Granddad said. She looked up and smiled at all of us well, mostly dad. I looked at dad to see him not even looking at her.

"Yes may I help you?" She asks.

"Yes I would like to have my grandchildren's schedules" She nodded her head.

"What are the names?" She replied.

"Jackson Evers, Jade Evers and Juliet Evers" She began typing away on her keyboard and the sound of the printer went off. They all came out and she hands them over to granddad.

"These are the classes and I will call for someone to give you a tour around the school"

"That's ok I know my way around; I will show them. Come on kids and Adam" Granddad said. We walked to the clear doors and it opened automatically letting us go through.

"Ok first let's find each one of your lockers. Ok Jackson yours is just here" Granddad said. We walked to Jackson's locker and granddad started unlocking it. He opened the locker and everything was clean from the inside but fairly small. "And well it looks like Juliet and Jade your lockers are next to Jackson's as well. Isn't that good, you all get to meet up anyhow" Granddad handed me my locker code and Jade hers. I went to mine which was on the left to Jackson's and unlocked it and well shut it back again.

"Alright so lessons are going on. Adam do you still know your way round here?" We all looked at dad and he nodded.

"Yeah don't you think I forgot?"

"Ok so Jackson and Jade you come with me and Juliet you go with your father, after we drop you of to your lessons me and your dad will be gone so please meet each other up by your lockers so you can help each other around"

"Ok" We all said.

"Ok so see you later Juliet and Adam meet me by the car if you come early, ok?" Granddad walked of leaving me and dad.

"So what lesson have you got right now?" Dad asked.

"What period is it right now?" I asked him. Dad looked at his watch.

"Period one" I looked at my timetable and saw that I had English and a teacher called Mr Cade.

"English in AC" Dad nodded his head and walked forward making me walk with him. We stopped in front of a classroom and could hear lots of talking from it. Suddenly, my heart started beating. What will everyone think of me?

"You ready?" Dad asked. I nervously shook my head as a yes. Dad knocked the door and everything went quiet. Dad opened the door but I couldn't see anything because dad was blocking my way. Dad moved forward and I moved behind him, I looked inside the class and it looked like a normal classroom but the only difference was it was full of random American kids who were just staring at me.

"Where is she?" I hear a familiar voice ask. That sounds like Uncle Landon. Dad moved at the side and I was right it was Uncle Landon. He had on a white shirt with black trousers and his hair spiked up.

"Ok you better not be an idiot" Dad warns Uncle Landon. Dad gave me a side hug and walked out. I could feel everyone's gaze on me but I only looked at Uncle Landon's face. He was sitting on his desk smiling at me.

"Ok everyone this is my niece Juliet who is from the UK and new to this school, so say hello" Everyone said hello. I looked at them all and gave a small smile. Wait Juliet; be confident that's what you wanted to be.

"Uncle Landon?" I said loud enough for everyone to hear. He raised his eyebrows and waited for me to speak.

"Yes my favourite?" He said.

"I'm not your niece"

"Of course you are" He said pinching both of my cheeks. Everyone started laughing.

"Do you want me to start calling you poop face as well?" His eyes widened as everyone laughed louder.

"No. Now does anyone want to ask my Blondie any questions?" Everyone's hands went up.

"Ok Andrew, Carrey, Jennifer, Bradley, Jensen, Leonardo, Robert put your hands down you ask the stupidest questions ever" At least only half of the class was left that had their hands still up.

"Ok Chace what is your question?" I found the guy named Chace, he had that Justin Bieber hair look going.

"What part of the UK are you from?"

"Well I was born and raised in London but then moved to Birmingham growing up, that's why I've got the London accent" They all nodded.

"Jesse your question?"

"So is it United Kingdom, Great Britain or England?" He asked. I honestly have no idea myself.

"To tell the truth I have no idea I call it United Kingdom but the queen can't make up her mind" He smiled at my response.

"Alright one last question from Kelly" He pointed at a blonde girl.

"What makes England the greatest?" She said. Before I could say anything Uncle Landon coughed loudly.

"Kelly what a stupid question. Now my beautiful child you can sit here in Mandy's seat"

"Hey" A girl said. Uncle Landon gave her a look which made her stand up and move to the back of the classroom. He put his arm around my shoulder and made me sit down in the seat.

"Now let's begin the lesson"