Chapter 18

"You haven't touched your food" Granddad tells me.

"I've lost my appetite" I reply back. Ever since that incident that happened in school, I haven't been able to concentrate on anything. What did that man mean by the house isn't what it seems? Is Granddad hiding something from us?

"I know that you're shaken up but not eating anything isn't good for you Julie" Dad says from besides me. Dad get bonkers when Jade told him what happened.

"I'm just not hungry. Can I go to my room?" I ask him. Dad looks over at granddad who nods his head. I take that as my cue to get up and leave. "I've got homework, I might as well complete that" I tell him. I quickly leave the kitchen and take my journey up the flight of stairs. I might as well distract myself from what's happened.

**********

"Hey, what you doing in here?" I ask Jackson who was in my doorway. He comes into the room shutting the door behind him.

"You finally got the biggest room from all of us" He says letting out a laugh.

"Yeah, I finally did" I say while looking around the room.

"About what happened today..." He trails off.

"Jackson can we please not talk about that psychopath" I plead him.

"We need to talk about it. Next time you are not going to step outside the school without me by your side" He strictly says. I roll my eyes at his behaviour.

"Jackson, are you kidding me?"

"I am not kidding you. What if he did something else and what if you weren't even on the school grounds? God knows what the asshole would have done" Jackson runs a hand through his hair looking frustrated.

"Are you blaming this on yourself?"

"Yes....I should have been there sooner" He says softly.

"Jackson. I told you, I'm a big girl now. This situation, it was a one off. I'm sure the security will look out for him again after what just happened" I assure him.

"Yeah b-" My eyes widen as I hear the scream of a male. "What was that?" I ask him in a scared whisper.

"Stay here" Jackson tells me while getting off the bed.

"No, I'm coming with you-that sounded like dad" I get up from the bed myself and make my way round.

"I said stay here Juliet"

"No" He lets out an irritated sigh and tells me to stay behind him. We leave my room and make our way down the stairs.

"Jade" I see Jade ahead standing outside dad's door shaking. Jackson immediately goes over to her and puts his arm around her shoulder. "What happened?" He asks her.

"D-dad, he's...bleeding" What the hell? I push past Jackson and Jade to see dad holding the side of his neck with granddad besides him.

"Dad" He looks up at me.

"Juliet, kids. Go back to your rooms" He orders us.

"Dad what happened?" I ask him. I sit beside granddad who is cleaning dad's wound.

"I felt someone calling me out. I woke up and someone's face was in front of me....I don't know why..." Dad looks straight ahead of the wall with a dazed look on his face. This happened yesterday with Jackson as well, what the hell is going on?

"Granddad this happened yesterday to Jackson as well and the same thing has happened to dad. What's going on?" I ask him. He looks up at me with a blank look on his face.

"Look, there was a needle on your dad's pillow" Granddad points behind me to dad's pillow and there was indeed a needle there.

"What's a needle doing on the pillow anyway?" I ask dad in confusion.

"I have no idea, it probably fell from somewhere or something" Dad assures me. I look back at granddad whose jaw was tightened. Something is going on, but, what is it?