Chapter 14

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. -Norman Vincent Peale

"Well I'll see you all tomorrow then, I hope you all have a shitty day" We all laughed as everyone began making their way out. I pushed my chair in and walked to Uncle Landon.

"Hey, why didn't you tell me you were going to be my teacher?" He smirked at me and ruffled my hair.

"I would have told you but your dad kept my mouth shut" He said.

"How did he manage to do that?" I asked quiet shocked.

"He brought me maltesers and this time it wasn't your brother's shit" I laughed at what he said.

"Well he is gone out and you wouldn't want to have shit breath" I told him. He nodded his head.

"So what lesson have you got next then my lady Shakespeare" I rolled my eyes at his joke.

"I have got Psychology" His eyes widened when I said the subject.

"Why are you widening your eyes like that, what happened?" I asked worriedly yet interestingly.

"You've got the insomnia teacher?"

"I've got the what? What does the word insomnia even mean?" I asked.

"Insomnia is a common sleep conditions in which people have trouble falling or staying asleep. Not getting enough sleep and feeling sleepy on the next day."

"That's awful" I told him. He nodded his head.

"But the guy talks to much and well gives everyone lectures and just well doesn't exactly talk to anyone but himself"

"Ok well I've got to go, don't want to be late to his class, by the way... where is his class?" Uncle Landon stood up and walked to the door; he turned around and gave me a what-you-waiting-for look. I quickly walked up to him as we began making our way to the classroom.

We stopped in front of the closed door.

"Good luck then I'm out of here" Uncle Landon was about to walk off but I stopped him by grabbing hold of his hand.

"Please come inside with me" I said pleadingly.

"Julie......"

"Please"

"Ok fine then. If he starts giving me a lecture then I am walking out and leaving you" He said.

"Some sort of an uncle you are" He chuckled at what I said.

"Come on Cooley Julie" Uncle Landon opened the door.

"Mr Cade what seems to bring you here?" The other male asked. He had a very deep voice surprisingly.

"Why Mr Derrek do you find my appearance displeasuring?" Suddenly everyone said 'ohhhh'. That's the reaction you get out of everything.

"I'll have you know Mr Cade I am much insolent than you think" No one said anything about that.

"Doesn't bother me much. The only reason I came here is because my niece Juliet has joined the school and is going to be in your class unfortunately. Juliet come on" I walked in the class and took in how this 'Mr Derrek' looked like.

He had brown spiky hair, really pale skin with dark circles underneath his eyes. He had on a dark black suit which seemed to match his personality.

"Hopefully she won't be anything like you" He said talking to Uncle Landon but looking me dead in the eye

"I may or may not be like Uncle Landon but with all due respect I know how to fire back" And this time everyone did do that 'ohh'. Uncle Landon put his arm around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head.

"I'm guessing you will be fine. Bye" Uncle Landon walked out of the classroom.

"I'm not going to ask you to introduce yourself because now there will be no need to" He said.

"Oh please sir with my British loyalty and respect I think I should" I turned to face towards the classroom. First of all I sass talked a teacher, this is so not like me but I'm loving the confidence.

"Ok my name is Juliet, I was born in London but raised in Birmingham, I have an older brother and younger sister who have started this school today as well and Mr Cade isn't really my uncle just a close friend of my mum who actually used to come to this school" They all just stared at me as if not understanding one single word.

"Miss Juliet you may sit down and shut your mouth now"