Chapter 10

The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege.

Charles Kuralt

"So what do you think then?" Granddad said while turning the engine of. I was sitting at the front with him and dad, Jade and Jackson were at the back-even though dad was supposedly supposed to be at the front.

I looked out of the window and saw the exact same house that I used to play in when I was a kid. Beautiful as ever and well big and clean as ever, the whole house colour is cream with brown outlining of the windows.

"It looks like home" I heard Jade say from the back. Both me and granddad turned around when we heard Jade's response.

"Agreed" I told him. He smiled and unbuckled his seat belt.

"Well come and get out then you lot" He said smiling at each one of us. I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car. Quickly as I could I covered my eyes with my hand on my forehead because of the sun.

"The weather here is very beautiful" Dad said from next to me, I nodded my head in agreement.

"Well don't get used to it Adam, the forecast is heavy rain and thunder as well as lightening and it normally rains here anyway" Granddad said walking ahead of us with one of my suitcases.

"Looks like there won't be much of weather change from Birmingham" Dad said sadly. "Well at least we'll have one memory of Birmingham" Dad muttered.

"Yeah looks like it after all" Dad gave me one of the strollers, I grabbed hold of it and we began making our way to the house.

***

"Before you all run for the biggest bedroom" Dad and granddad said to me, Jade and Jackson in unison, we stopped at the bottom of the stairs and waited for them to walk towards us.

"Your grandfather has already picked out your bedrooms" We all sighed in annoyance, hopefully I never got the small room because I always get the small room. Wait; there can't be any small rooms because this is a mansion.

"Then lead the way" Jackson said politely letting granddad go up the stairs.

"What are you up to?" I asked Jackson as we both headed up the stairs at the same pace of each other. I had to carry the suitcase with me all the way up

"Nothing, why would you think that my lovely sister?"

"Because you're you Jackson"

"I'm what?"

"You know evil, hidden and all those other mystery words"

"Still have no ideas what you are talking about" Once we reached up the stairs which took at least or felt like an hour, we reached a flight of wooden doors.

"Alright Jackson this is your room" Grand dad said leaning against it, he opened it and revealed a room which was twice as big as Jacksons old room. Jackson squealed loudly and went into the room. We all stood outside and watched. Everything was already decorated in everything he loved. His favourite football team shirts, posters which was Chelsea, he had a different shades of blue paint everywhere, chocolate plain brown curtains, brown, white and blue duvet colour and a computer at the side of the room, walk in closet, also a bedside table

Jackson turned around and smiled at granddad giving him a big bear hug.

"This is awesome, thanks granddad you're the best"

"It's ok, you rest and un pack" Granddad shut the door and walked to the next bedroom door, he opened it and this one looked really casual. I'm guessing it's dad's.

"Adam this is your bedroom, I hope its ok. I remember Kelly used to tell me your favourite colour was grey so I tried to get something in that colour as well as a good design" Dad gave granddad a huge smile and walked into the bedroom.

"No this is amazing, thank you so much" Dad sounded really grateful.

"It's ok, you rest and I'll show the girls there rooms" Again granddad closed the door and there were no more doors.

"Um.....where are our bedrooms?" Jade asked.

"Your bedrooms are on the next floor so come and follow me" He walked past us to another flight of stairs which I did not seem to even notice. These stairs were not long but really short so we didn't get tired so easily, putting the suitcase down there were only two doors- I'm guessing they are mine and Jade's.

"Alright Jade you will like yours" He opened it and both mine and Jade's mouth opened, man if mine is not as good as this I am so jealous.

All of the walls were painted in the colour violet, two mickey and Minnie mouse photo frames hung down on the wall. She had blinds instead of curtains, a white built in side desk which was connected to the wall with a purple chair, a long book shelf which ended on a three purple drawer. Right next to her built in white table was a six drawer which had a ladder going to the top which was a lay down area and her wardrobe was next to the drawer. Right across the room she had a wooden bed with a purple duvet.

"This is the best bedroom ever!" She said going over to flop onto the bed, me and granddad laughed at how happy she was.

"I knew you would like it" Granddad said laughing.

"I don't like it, I LOVE IT. Oh my god!" She began jumping around the room in circles.

"Come on I'll show you your bedroom" Granddad said steering me away from Jade's room. Now it's my room, let's see. He opened the door slowly and I gasped in shock yet surprise. In my opinion, mine's was the best. Everywhere I looked all I saw was white and red hearts. I didn't have carpet like everyone else but white tiles everywhere-fancy. I had an awesome view of the back garden, with a white desk against it with two drawers at each side with red hearts for handles which had a pen holder with pens in it, a white and red heart lamp as well. Also, a red and white hearted chair, my duvet had the same coloured red and white pattern. I couldn't even explain everything because it was just truly awesome. But what stood out the most in this room was the pictures on the wall, there were single pictures of all of us. Me, dad, Jade, Jackson and mum, also another one with all of us together as a family. "What do you think? You've been awfully quiet for a very long time" I heard granddad say from behind him. I turned around and gave him a quick hug.

"I love it" I told him truthfully.

"You know this was your mum's room when she was your age, she said she wanted everything changed from pink to white and red because she was old enough" I laughed at what he said.

"Well it's great to have mum's bedroom.....but why did you give it to me and not Jade?" I asked him.

"Because when your mom designed this room she was sixteen and your sixteen now so I thought it would be reasonable. Likewise, you and Kelly had the same taste in style, colour whereas Jade is more of the funky type" Granddad said laughing; I gave him a small smile.

"Well thank you. Thank you for everything. Thank you for letting us stay here and thank you for doing all of this"

"What is family for?" He said.

i