Chapter 22

2 days after conception

 I was officially huge. Apparently each day with a vampire pregnancy was like so many months in a human pregnancy.

“Angel, you look fine. Please stop worrying,” Cole sighed sitting next to me on the couch.

“I look like I ate a blown up beach ball and it got stuck in my stomach,” I whined crossing my arms over my chest which cause them to rest on the top of my stomach.

“You’re still beautiful,” He leaned in and kissed me and leaned away, “I’ll go get you some strawberries,” He smiled and stood.

I smiled after him.

Suddenly Damon was sitting on the coffee table in front of me.

“How are you feeling, Shannon,” He asked seriously.

Him and Cole have officially decided that I’ve turned into a glass doll and had to be handled with utmost care and must be asked “how are you doing?” “are you okay?” and “do you need any blood?” at five minute intervals.

Oh yeah, I didn’t tell you. Because of the little vampire growing inside of me I had to regularly drink vampire blood. Not only to keep my body strong, but to keep the little guy satisfied. It was nasty and I hated drinking it, but Cole made sure I got the blood I needed. He would let me drain him dry if I really needed it. I didn’t like that thought at all. It caused me to shutter away from his wrist when he offered it to me. But I had no choice.

“Shannon? If you need blood just say it. We know it is part of the process. It’s part of the Prophecy. We need to follow it closely,” He sighed.

“No, Damon,” I smiled weakly, “I’m fine for now.”

“You’re looking a little pale, Shannon,” He warned.

“Yeah, that’s at the thought of having to drink from Cole again. From either of you,” I shuttered. I felt the baby move inside my stomach, “Oh,” I sat forward placing my hand on my stomach. It was always a shock when the baby kicked or moved. I had bruises on my sides and my stomach from it. It really didn’t hurt that bad it was just really fast and shocking.

“What?” Cole was instantly sitting next to me placing the Strawberries on the coffee table.

So far away . . .

“Shannon, are you okay?” He tried to get my attention.

“Ugh,” I reached for the strawberries, but my stomach caused a serious dilemma, “Give me,” I whined.

“Are you okay?” Damon pushed.

“Yes, he just moved. Now give me my strawberries,” I swear I sounded like four year old.