Chapter 23

Chicago 1920’s

Cole’s POV      

The 1920’s were better than the 1820s. It wasn’t against the law for women to show off a little skin and I had one simple motto . . .

More skin showing, more skin to bite.

My older brother Damon completely agreed with me. These flapper girls were completely mesmerized by my vampiric charm.

Ever since the attack of the vampires over my home town, getting women became natural to me.  Nearly a hundred years now of being a vampire. I quickly learn how to use it to my advantage. With the help of Damon of course.

We were now sitting in the back of the bar in a dark booth. This was our normal hang out. Everyone knew us here and they all loved us. The black girl was up on stage singing and the people were on the floor dancing happily. She was good. I knew here personally. Heather, she was also a vampire.

She caught me watching her and winked. I nodded with a smirked.

A waitress walked by in her little, loose, black dress and place our two whiskeys on the table. As she began to pull away I grabbed her wrist and pulled her into me.

I looked her straight in the eye. I watched the panic subside and I used my mind control on her, “The brunette at the bar in the pink. Who is she?” I demanded.

“I’m not sure, Mr. Moretti,” She replied smoothly. “I’ve never seen her before.”

“Get her whatever she is drinking . . . on me. Tell her I would very much like to have her visit my brother and I,” I smirked.

“Of course, Mr. Moretti,” She replied and I released her and she strutted off to the bar.

I watch as she served the brunette and nod over to our booth.

“Brother, what are you doing?” Damon smirked at me.

“Getting a late night snack,” I replied with a smirk.

“She’s quite beautiful. I’ve never seen her around,” He replied.

“She must be visiting,” I concluded as she raised her drink to me from across the bar I raised mine to her with an inviting smirk.

“Care to share, brother?” I asked as she finished her drink and started towards our booth.

“Always,” He raised his glass to mine. We both down the drinks and then she was there.

“Hello, gentlemen,” She breathed.

Her green eyes watched me in an interested fashion.

Damon stood, “Please, ma’am, do sit,” He waved a hand into the booth.

Her eyes moved to him and slowly roamed over him. She smirked, “I think I will,” She slid into the booth ext to me and Damon slid in on her other side.

“So, ma’am, what is your name? It shocked me to see a stranger in this bar,” I meet her green eyes with a deep intensity.

She seemed a little flustered, “Victoria,” She slightly stuttered.

“That is very beautiful,” Damon took her hand and kissed.

“Why thank you,” She breathed a little shocked.

“And our names? Aren’t you going to ask our names?” I lightly placed my hand on her check and forced her attention from Damon to me.

“You’re the Moretti brothers. I have heard a lot about you,” She seemed flattered to have been invited to our booth.