Chapter 16

“Who the hell does she think she is?” I growled as “Bonanza (Bellydancer)” By Akon began to play, “I tell her not so use one of my routines so she goes ahead and uses a different one!” I pulled away from Cole and went to march up there and slap her, but Cole’s hand closed around mine as he spun me back into him, my back tight against his chest.

“Don’t, Shannon,” He warned.

“I can’t just let her . . .”

“What good will going up there and complaining do?” He whispered in my ear.

“It will stop the routine,” I countered.

“No, you have to get her back . . . fight back Shannon,” I felt his lips tighten into a smirk.

“What . . .”

“Dance with me,” He ordered as He spun me away from his body then pulled me back so we were front-to-front.

He started moving hips along with beat against mine. It wasn’t grinding . . . his feet were moving along with the beat. He was turning the slutty song into a type of Latino dance. I smirked and moved my body against his. He spun me away and let me dance on my own for a little and then I moved back to him. We were quickly drawing attention away from the girls at the front as me moved with the beat. It was really sexy and he was so right . . . this was the perfect pay back.

People started whooping and clapping along with music as we dance. Their attention was completely drawn away from the dancers.

I had the biggest smile on my face when the song finished. Everyone roared into applause and I curtsied as he bowed. Then he smirked and brought me back into his body. I was breathing hard and he was hardly out of breath as we smiled at each other.

“You are the best date,” I laughed.

“Thank you,” He smirked.

“Bitch,” Tracie pulled my attention away from Cole to her.

“What?” I gasped shocked, “You’re calling me a bitch?” I stepped away from Cole.

“Yes I am,” She snapped, “Every since we were young you always had to steal the spotlight from me . . . then finally I have the quarterback boyfriend and I’m captain of the dance team and . . . somehow . . . you still get all the damn attention!”

“Tracie . . .” I gasped.

“I mean bringing some hot mystery guy to the dance? You knew you would get attention for that . . . and then dancing when you know the dance team always has a show! I was leading . . .”

“Tracie!” I shouted causing her to stop, “You did all of this because you were . . . jealous?” I gasped, “Really? My life isn’t that great,” I shook my head at her, “You are truly pathetic.” I rolled my eyes at her.

“No you are pathetic! You don’t care about your friends you just care about how you will get the level above everyone else!” She shouted.

“Bitch!” I shouted back, “You know that’s not true! You’re the one who stabbed me in the back here . . . not the other way around okay! You’re the one you was screwing around with my boyfriend for the last three weeks behind my back! You’re the one who kicked me off of my own dance team! So you have no reason to call me a bitch! Sorry, for your insecurities, but you have no reason to take them out on me . . . why don’t you go see someone you’re your issues, bitch!” I snapped.

“Why don’t you fall off a cliff,” She rolled her eyes.

“Why don’t you make like a baby?” She looked at me confused, “Head out first.” I sneered.