Chapter 9

I woke up, alarm blaring, neck aching and slight blurry vision. I blinked a few times and stumbled into the bathroom and started my morning routine.

Just as I finished getting dressed and putting on my make-up, Damon appeared in my room, sitting on my bed.

“Damon, I . . .”

“I’m sorry,” He cut me off, “I didn’t mean to make it awkward last night. I shouldn’t have got into my past like that. It was wrong to put something like that on you,” He sighed looking at the floor.

“No, Damon. It’s fine really . . . I asked the question. It was personal . . . I should have just stuck with the general questions it was wrong,” I sighed.

“Well, as long as you admit you were wrong,” He smirked up at me.

“God, Damon, you had me worried,” I hit his shoulder, but it actually hurt my hand. I hid my hand behind my back. “I thought I had emotionally damaged you or something.”

“I am a vampire, sweetheart. Not some overly dramatic teen, like yourself,” He smirked.

“I hate you,” I grumbled, “I have to get to school now.” I march out of my door with my bags and to the door.

Damon followed me, “I don’t think I should leave you alone.” He sighed.

“Listen, I don’t need to be protected by you, Damon. I made it out alive last time. I will be fine.”

“Okay, well just know I will be watching over you,” He smirked.

“Why does that make me feel dirty . . . not safe,” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Because you have a dirty mind,” He smirked at me.

“Yeah, I’m sure I’m the one with the dirty mind,” I rolled my eyes, “See ya, Damon.”

“I’ll be seeing you, Shannon,” He wagged his eyes brows at me.

I rolled my eyes and couldn’t help, but laugh as I waved and pulled away.

He smirked and waved back.

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~

Damon’s POV

I watched Shannon pull out of the driveway and then I turned back to the house.

After I told Shannon about Emily I hadn’t been able to get her off my mind. What if Emily was one of the vampires that came back to get revenge on me. Shannon was in so much danger around me it was sickening. I had to get away . . . I was getting attached.

Of course not like I was falling in love with her . . . no it was not like that at all. But Shannon was loose and fun and just above a relationship I would have with a little sister. It was like friends with benefits . . . kind of, but the benefit was just a flirty air . . . nothing much more than that. And that was so . . . okay. I was happy with that.

Suddenly my phone rang. Shocked I pulled it out of my pocket and answered it.

Hello, Damon,” Padrick’s voice came out through the receiver.

“What do you want, you son of a bitch?” I growled

That’s no way to talk to an old friend,” He replied.

“You are not my friend,” I snapped.

Okay then . . . I guess you found your little pet’s body,” I could hear the smirk in his voice.