Chapter 11

I woke up to Damon lounging at the edge of my bed staring out my window.

“Damon?” I rubbed the sleep from my eyes,

“Yeah?” He rolled his head to look at me.

“Why do you look so worried?” I asked sitting up.

“I’m just . . . thinking,” He sighed and looked back out the window.

“Okay, weirdo,” I sighed swinging my legs off the edge of my bed, “I am going to get ready for school.”

I sighed walking to the bathroom. When I finished getting ready Damon was still lying on the bed looking out the window.

“Ugh, okay . . . what gives?” I sighed putting my hands on my hips.

“I am not comfortable with Cole coming,” He finally admitted.

I opened my mouth to say something and then I caught the time on the clokc. I had ten minutes to get to school, “We’ll continue this later,” I pointed to him seriously.

“Yeah, whatever,” He sighed looking back out the window.

I grumbled grabbing a pillow on the ground and throwing it at his head.

“What was that for?” He looked at me shocked.

“Wake up,” I demanded, “Go feed or something . . . I don’t know what vampires do, but you need to go do it.”

“Fine,” He sighed standing and I hurried downstairs and out the door, “I’ll be home earlier tonight,” I called.

“What about dance?” He was instantly at my side.

“I think you are a little more important than dance right now. I think you are about to crazy,” I smirked.

“Okay,” He sighed.

“I’ll see you tonight,” I smiled and walked out of the house and to my car.

I moved through the day feeling rushed and distant, until I reach fifth hour. Spanish with Quincy and Scott. I was walking through the hallway when I heard Tracy’s familiar giggle. I looked over to see her in our group of friends. She was leaning against a locker, Scott was standing next to her with a hand by her head on the locker. Everyone was smiling and laughing. I had known everyone in that group my entire life. Why did I suddenly feel like I was standing on the outside looking in.

“Hey, Shannon,” Quincy walked into my field of vision. I focused on him.

“Hi, Quincy,” I sighed hugging my books to my chest, suddenly feeling very alone.

He looked over his shoulder than back to me and raised an eyebrow, “Are you finally realizing what is going on between your boyfriend and your best friend?” He smirked.

“I have no idea what you are talking about,” I said shocked.

“Yeah, I bet you don’t,” He rolled his eyes.

“Walk away, Quincy. Scott will see you and . . .”

“I don’t care if he gets pissed. He has a reason to feel threatened by me,” He said seriously.

“And why is that?” I couldn’t help but smirk.

“Because, with such a beautiful girl like you,” He smiled sincerely, “He should feel threatened by every guy.”

“You’re acting very non-player like, Quincy,” I smiled back at him.

“Well, I am just telling the truth,” He shrugged, “So since the jock doesn’t deserve you . . . why don’t you let me take you to the Winter Formal tomorrow?”