Chapter 17

After my fingers got majorly prune-like and the water was cooling off, I finally convinced myself it was time to tell Cole to stop rubbing my feet and get. With one of his devilish smirks he stood and walked out closing the door behind him.

I got out and wrapped myself in a towel and then drained the tub. I dried myself off then got into the pajamas I always kept in the bathroom; my baggy sweatpants and a tight tank top with a sports bra on underneath. I washed all the make-up off my face and then took the clip out of my hair knowing I couldn’t sleep with it in. Then I walked out as I ran my fingers through my loose curly hair.

I laid down in bed. I was just so tired I instantly fell asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I  woke up to my sun shining through my window. I rolled over groaning. How could I forget to shut those!

“Morning to you too.”

I jumped and my heart skipped a beat. I sat up shocked and saw Cole sitting at the end of my bed flipping through a book. I started to glare and then I realized it was actually a book. He was reading Twilight.

It was now about three days after the dance and I was still not used to Cole’s strange habits. I mean he ripped on Twilight like crazy . . . then I wake up and see him reading it. And looking like he is actually enjoying it.

I giggled, “What are you doing?” I smirked.

Damon always complained about Twilight and here was his little brother reading it for entertainment.

“This Edward character is pretty smooth for a sparkling fairy,” He sighed flipping the page.

I laughed, “Sparkling Fairy?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Well, you don’t expect me to actually call this retard a vampire do you?” He smirked at me, “I mean this Stephanie Meyer is a good writer, but who honestly dreams about a pale, fashionable guy frolicking in a meadow, sparking in the sun and wakes up thinking “Vampire”. That is completely unrealistic,” He sighed shaking his head.

I shook my head at him laughing, “Yeah, not all humans are as lucky as me to actually know vampires,” I rolled my eyes.

“You know there are actually different kinds of vampires? I mean none actually sparkle in the sun . . . like I said completely unrealistic,” He sighed flipping to the middle of the book.

“So how is he so smooth for a fairy?” I asked leaning over his shoulder to see what part he was reading. He shocked me by closing the book. I looked up at his face expecting him to be distracted looking somewhere else . . . and I meant anywhere else, but at me. So to say I was shocked when I looked up at him and our lips almost collided would be a major understatement!