The Pregnancy Club ~ Epilogue ~ Aimee

Six Months Later

Aimee

It was February 1st, and the last snowfall of the winter season was dropping outside, perfect for a winter wedding. Today, the date prominantly marked on my Gucci calander in red Sharpie, was "Chastity's Wedding". It wasn't easy planning a wedding in six months, but because Becky and I became this, "dynamic duo", so to speak, we managed to get every detail in check. The colours (lavender and white) were incorperated into everything, the centerpieces (white orchids with branches of lilacs and lavender sprigs), the table clothes, the chairs, the decorations and the bridesmaid dresses, which I was slipping into right now.

The bridesmaid dresses were beautiful, considering I had bought and picked them out. In fact, I had paid for a lot of the wedding. Chastity insisted on me not spending a penny, but I insisted. If you have the assets, why not take advantage of them?

The dress was lavender; which matched the rest of the wedding; and brushed the floor when you walked. It was a one-shoulder dress, with satin flowers lining the one strap. A figure-flattering empire waist, a jewled band separated the top from the bottom half of the dress and fabric that flew effortlessly to the side completed the gorgeous look.

I carefully smoothed the silky fabric over my now flat, chisled stomach. Even though I had embaressing stretch marks that would most likely last forever, my stomach was once again toned and flat, thanks to several months on the treadmill.

"Aimee," I heard my mother's voice from the other side of the closed door, and I crossed the room to answer it. She stood in the doorway, her chandelier earrings visable behind her new haircut, an A-line bob. She held Aila in her arms, her dark brown whisps of hair pulled back by a jewled hairband.  She wore an adorable lavender dress with a white bow tied at her tiny waist, and cute ballet flats. She, along with Mira, were the co-flower girls of the ceremony. She squeled happily, grabbing her hairband and tossing it into my bedroom.

"Aren't you a funny girl." I rolled my eyes, kissing her on the cheek, then crossing the room to grab the hairband to place it back on her head. For a one year old, she had amazing distance.

"She was calling you, so I brought her up. Doesn't she look lovely?" My mother said, but then eyed me up and down. "Almost as pretty as you . . . Aimee! You look . . . you look beautiful."

"Wow Mom . . . thanks." I shifted uncomfortably. My mother never complimented me, much less pay attention to me. Well, I suppose that's how it used to be. I've never felt so loved by my parents, ever before I was born. I had no idea what it was be liked to be looked out for, to be cared for, and I was loving every minute of their attention.

"Anyway's, I'll let you finish getting dressed. In fact, I should probably start myself . . ." As soon as she had come, my mother was gone, taking a squealing Aila with her. Chastity had insisted my parents been invited, even though she had never met them before, except at the hospital when Aila was born.

I quickly ducked into the bathroom to blow dry my damp hair. I was planning on curling it, but I was going to the salon with Chastity, Sadie and the rest of The Pregnancy Club (all bridesmaids) to get that done. As for makeup I was getting that done at the salon also.

Holding the hem of my skirt, I flew down the stairs into living room, where my mother sat with Aila, tucking a loose stand of hair back.

"Mom, I'm heading to the salon. Don't forget, Aila needs to be at the catherdral by four-thirty." I called over my shoulder as I slipped into my white pumps and grabbed my clutch, swiftly moving out the door.

Which is when I ran face to face in Josh Fitzpatrick.

"Josh!" I cried, alarmed at the site of him, flesh and blood, the boy who broke my heart. Kind of.