The Pregnancy Club - Chapter 22

Sadie

 I had pulled Aimee. Aimee, probably the worst person I could choose.

  Not because I didn't like her, no. Because Aimee's gift were usually more than one hundred dollars. I didn't even have one hundred dollars. Her usual gifts were probably designer handbags and Tiffany charm bracelets. I could probably afford a quarter of that 

  On the drive home I racked my brains for a gift for Aimee, and Chastity too. One for my dad. Maybe one for Jen. Which probably means I need to give a gift to the rest of The Pregnancy Club girls. I counted inside my head. That means I'd need to get six people gifts. I groaned.

  My dad would be easy, he'd probably just want a new tool of some sort, or maybe another flannel shirt. Both I could easily buy from Target. Maybe Aimee could go for a fake Tiffany bracelet? I remembered Chastity saying something about a new perfume, she didn't think her's smelled nice enough. That gift could also be Target. And for Jen . . . I could probably just buy her a fancy chocolate bar. Jen loves chocolate. I decided to just get some baby clothes for Tanya and Flame.

  Because it was on the way, I decided to stop at the Target near my house. I stepped inside and let the warmth envelope me. Even though it was early December, the snow and the cold front were kicking in.

  I first walked over to the baby clothes area, where I quickly grabbed two cheap pairs of baby pajamas, one in blue and one in yellow. Flame hadn't told us the gender of her baby yet, so I decided to go for a neutral-colour. (Even though I don't understand how yellow is neautral, I mean what guy would want to walk around in yellow clothes?)

  Then I went over to the tool section and grabbed something I recognized: a hammer. You can never have to many, I suppose.

  I searched the perfume eisle, spraying different bottles with the word "Tester" on them. Some were too fruity, some were too sweet, and some were just . . . weird, until finally I found one that was perfect. It was called Pleasures, and it smelt like a mix of roses, cinnamon and vanilla. It smelt like . . . Chastity. Sweet and pure. 

I was crossing the toy eisle to get to the jewlrey section, when I crossed a display of the Holiday Barbie dolls. Their perfect blonde curls fell down their plastic back, and their fake lips and smile were coated in red lipstick. Her dress was white, with little sequins covering the edges and black lace peeking out underneath. Her red velvet coat finished the Chirstmas theme.

A week ago when we went out to Ruby's Diner Aimee had told us that as a child she had always wanted a Holiday Barbie, but her parents never paid enough attention to her Christmas Wish List.

It was perfect.

I grabbed one off the shelf and headed to the check out counter. I began to regret my purchase. I mean, I don't know her that well. Should I really be giving her something so personel? But I couldn't take it back now, because the cashier had already put it in the bag.

I debated it on the way home also. It might be a way to bond with Aimee, but it also might make our relationship awkward.

I liked the first though better.

                                                        *                               *                                     *

Once I arrived home I was surprised to see my dad on the couch, watching the football game. He looked up when I walked in, his eyes immediatley traveled down to my stomach. He winced, as if the sight of his daughter carrying a child was painful. I scowled.

"What?" I snapped. He looked startled.

"Oh, nothing." He muttered, turning his attention back to the game. I began to walk up the stairs, but then he spoke again. "Hey, Sadie? What do you . . . uh . . . want for Christmas?" I looked surprised. I didn't even realize he was planning to give me gifts in the first place.

I chewed on this for a second. I hadn't been thinking about gifts for me. Not at all. I didn't even think I did want anything. Then again, this was a chance to test my dad's loyalty. You ready to deal with me? Bring it on.

"You know what Dad? I want underwear. It doesn't matter what kind. Just underwear. I'm a large. Pregnancy give you a pretty big ass." I dared him with my eyes. He turned beet red.

"Uh . . . okay then." Was all he said. Good. Now lets see if he keeps up on his word.

"Good." I ran up the stairs as he called "good night". I didn't respond. You may think the way I treat my dad is harsh, but it's only fair. If he had been a little more interesting and responsible, I wouldn't be pregnant and Mom wouldn't have left.

And I will never forgive him for that.

SORRY SHORT CHAPTER, HOPE IT WASNT TOO BORING <3