The Pregnancy Club - Chapter 16 (Picture of Flame)

Sadie

Even though Tanya's baby was almost a month early, it came out normal, at six punds five ounces. The labour was gruesome though. Even though I tried to speak encouraging words on the inside I felt like fainting. Which is exactly what Aimee did when the pulled the little thing out.

It was quite sudden, however I had noticed her looking a little pale earlier. Watching someone give birth wasn't exactly reality TV, where they could cut out the parts no one wants to see. Half of the doctor's took away the baby for testing and the other half rushed over to help Aimee up and get her a cold cloth and some water. The rest of us were shooed outside, even Michael who had insisted on staying. But the nurse was firm, they needed to do some tests on Tanya to see if she was okay after a pushing a human being out of her body.

Soon after, we were called back in to Tanya's room. Aimee, the big drama-queen she is, insisted on having to use an extra wheelchair, for she still "felt a little faint". We all huddled around Tanya, as she presented her baby boy.

"His name is Kyle." She whispered. She looked sleepier than the baby in her arms did. It's small eyes were blinking, ever so slowly, just like every other baby. It even yawned, which is cuter on a baby. It's toothless mouth formed and "O" when Michael went to hold him, making him laugh. That's when the rest of The Pregnancy Club decided it was time for them to leave and give Michael and Tanya their moment.

"So, did that give you a visual of the wonder's of giving birth?" Jen breathed, as if the sight of a bloody, crying creature come out of a woman's most private place was the most beautiful thing in the world.

"Mhm . . ." The rest of us mumbled. Jen looked a little dissapointed, but she shrugged it off. Aimee, was still in her wheelchair with the cold towel on her head, spoke up.

"Is it going to hurt that much?" She asked.

"What do you think, dumbass?" Flame sneered. I snickered.

"Flame . . ." Jen said in a warning tone.

"Sorry." She mumbled. Wow. I had never seen someone influence Flame to apologize. Suddenly the nurse came back into the waiting room. 

"You can all leave now, she'll have to stay overnight so we can run the tests. I'm sure she'll get back to you later." The nurse recited, as if this speech had been said a thousand times. I checked the clock. Whoa, it was already nine o' clock. I should be heading home.

"Okay team, let's saddle up." Jen stated, grabbing Elijah, who everyone had momentarily forgotten about.

We all piled into Jen's car once again. Aimee had ditched the wheelchair, but kept the towel.

"Who lives where?" Jen asked.

"You can just drop me off here." Flame muttered. We looked out the window, but no house was around. Only a dark alleyway beside a Pizza Nova.

"Is your house close by?" Jen asked uncertainly.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna' walk the rest of the way." Flame hopped out of the car and gave us a small wave, then she dissapeared into the blackness of the alleyway.

"I'm really nervous." I heard someone whisper. I looked beside to see Aimee, her eyes on me and her body swiveled to face me. I was surprised. I though she was too good to talk to people like me.

"Um, yeah. So am I." I answered tentatively.

"I don't if I'm going to keep the baby or not. I don't even know when I'm going to tell my parents." She exclaimed.

"I'm going to keep it." Chastity whispered ahead of us, loud enough for us to hear but not loud enough for Jen. "But I don't know how I'm going to take care of it. I mean, I'm only sixteen." 

"I know . . ." Aimee agreed. I nodded. "And we have to get that ultrasound thing."

Chastity gasped. "We should all go together!" Aimee and I shared a look. None of us knew each other. None of us were friends. And yet we're planning to get ultrasounds together?

Then again, The Pregnancy Club girls may be my only friends now. I needed them as much as they needed me. "We're supposed to feed off each other. Help each other through the hard times." As Jen would say.

"Um, I guess we could do that." Aimee said. They both turned to look at me. Feed off each other. Help each other through the hard times. Jen's words replayed in my head.

You shoud go.

I don't know them!

They're all you have.

"Sure."

*QUICK NOTE* THX TO EVERYONE FOR GETTING THE PREGNANCY CLUB 100 VOTES!!

KEEP UP WITH THE COMMENTS, VOTES AND FANNING!