The Pregnancy Club - Chapter 21

Aimee

"Alright girls!" Jen chirped as she walked into Room 231. "I have something special planned for this month!" 

"What do you mean, special? Flame growled. She was now eight months pregnant and somewhat resembled a black hippo. A black hippo with blonde hair, that is. Flame recently died her hair bleach blonde, so along with her racoon eye makeup she perfectly resembled Taylor Momsen. A fat Taylor Momsen, that is. 

"I think that The Pregnancy Club should have their own secret santa!" She cried, clasping her hands together in glee. I inwardly groaned. Secret santa was so grade seven. "I have a hat right here, just pull out the names and next week we'll celebrate our very own Christmas! Oh, you all celebrate Christmas, right?" Jen nervously bit her lip.

Flame raised her hand. "I'm Jewish."

"Oh, well . . . now you can see what it's like to celebrate Christmas!" Jen suggested. Flame rolled her eyes. Could she at least pretend to be excited?

We all got up and went over to the hat, pulling out names one by one. I looked at my slip of paper. Tanya, it said in small handwriting. Tanya? How was I supposed to get something for Tanya? I walked over to Jen and whispered in her ear:

"Jen, I pulled Tanya. Is she even coming anymore?" Tanya had been skipping the last few meetings, claiming she wanted to spend time with Kyle.

"Oh, well . . . I'll get in contact with her and tell her to try and show up next week." Jen, always making an easy solution for everything.

                                                             *                         *                             *

After The Pregnancy Club sesion was over, I decided to go home. Chastity asked me and Sadie if we wanted to hang out at her house, but for some reason I felt really tired. I walked through my front door and went straight upstairs to bed, only to have a dream that I wish I could forget.

I was at school, in one of the stairwells. I couldn't see clearly at first, like my dream vision was a camera that needed to be focused, but when I could see, I wish I hadn't.

It was Melanie. Melanie before the accident. Regular Melanie. Regular, not-broken Melanie. Peyton was beside me, and Morgan and Megan were behind us. This was the only secret I shared with Morgan and Megan.

Melanie was backed against a railing, her eyes wide in fear.

"Well look what we have hear?" Peyton's voice was slow, as if the dream was in slow-motion. "it's the class brainiac slash secret slut." Morgan and Megan snickered. I high-fived Peyton, even though in real life I was standing completeley still.

That's when I realized this wasn't a nightmare. This was a flashback.

Peyton had hated Melanie ever since she caught her flirting with her then-boyfriend Adam. Being her best friend, I joined in on her hate-crew. Now I realize it wasn't a big deal, it was just a little flirting.

"Hiding so you can privatley whore out with other people's boyfriends?" I said, but I didn't say it. Then-Aimee did. Melanie shook her head, Peyton and I stepped closer.

"Don't deny it, Mel. We all know who you really are." Peyton whispered menacingly. "You're just some b*tch who can't get her own guys, so she goes around trying to steal everyone elses. You're worthless." She spat, and I was pretty sure she would've said more, but Melanie shoved her, not hard, but enough to make Peyton back up a few steps.

Peyton's eyes burned, and if she was a cartoon they would've turned red. In two easy strides she was back up Melanie's face and slapped her, hard across the cheek. Melanie gasped, her cheek glowing bright red. 

"Don't . . . you dare. Touch me. Again." Peyton said through gritted teeth.

"I didn't do anything with Adam! I swear!" Melanie cried, cupping her cheek.

"Oh, now you're a liar and a whore?" Then-Aimee snapped, stepping closer. Peyton smiled at her.

"I can't believe you. You're pathetic." Peyton shoved her, and her back caused the entire stairwell the clang. Melanie inched over so she was right in front of the stairs.

"Stop it! Please!" She cried, waving her arms around wildly, trying to keep us away from her.

I knew what happened next.

"Don't! Stop hurting her!" I cried, but no one could hear me. That's when Then-Aimee came up, and shoved her, hard. It was all in slow-motion now. Melanie falls back, a scream escaping her lips. Then-Aimee's eyes widen and try to grab her, realizing what she has done.

What I did.

Melanie's head banged against a step and her eyes snapped shut. Her head kept bouncing, her limp body following behind. Something cracked. She finally crumpled on the floor, motionless. Then-Aimee just stared, and so did the rest of the girls. They all ran down.

"Is she, like, dead?" Megan cried, her hands fluttering. Morgan just stood beside her, speechless.

"No, she still has a pulse." Peyton said, putting two fingers to Melanie's neck. She stood up, looking down at Melanie. All of our eyes were wide with fear. This could get us expelled. This could get us arrested.

"What should we do?"  Then-Aimee whispered.

"We're not. We can't tell anyone about this. In fact, we won't even speak of it among each other." Peyton said firmly. Morgan and Megan nodded. Then-Aimee was frozen. "Aimee? You promise?" Then-Aimee looked at Peyton, her eyes wide and empty.

"Okay." Was all she could say.

"What should we do with her right now?" Megan asked.

"We'll . . . call an ambulance. Tell her that Aimee forgot her English paper, and we were having a study date so we came with her. When we were leaving we found Melanie, so we called them. Got it?" Peyton confirmed. Everyone nodded.

That's when it ended. This all happened about a year ago, the middle of ninth grade.

We hadn't heard much about Melanie after, other than that when she got to the hospital she was in a coma and didn't come out of it for a week. They did some tests and found out she was paralyzed from the waist down. I paralyzed her from the waist down. She switched schools and was in a wheelchair. I've only seen her once since the accident, in the mall food court. I was alone, and so was she. As she rolled by she looked at me, the secret showing on her broken body. Hopefully, that's where it will stay.

At least everyone had managed to keep up their side of the bargain. No one had spoken of it since, however the guilt was weighing me down. Why had I been such a follower? I didn't have to hate everyone Peyton hated, just as she didn't have to hate everyone I did. Ever since I had made myself alpha. I was nobody's follower. I had followers.

Then again, being top dog is hard. You always need that image that you are perfect, when secretly you're more messed up than most of them. The Melanie-Incident is what reminded me that. We all had a dark side.

I wish I could tell someone, but not even the Pregnancy Club girls would understand. Sadie and Chastity would dump in a second. I almost killed someone.

My flashback made me think about my babies. If anyone found out they would definatley take them away.

Which is why the secret is something that will probably stay with me forever.

KEEP UP WITH THE VOTES COMMENTS AND READ I LUV U ALL THX FOR THE SUPPORT!