Chapter 15

Jose's POV

I peeked over my menu to look at her and found Eve's blue-grey eyes staring back expectantly.

I blinked several times and cleared my throat.

"I'm sorry what?"

She let out a soft laugh, a small smile decorated her features and crinkled her eyes. "Do you know what you want yet?"

I laugh, folding my menu and setting it on the table. I fold my arms on the table and whisper, "Can I be honest?"

She mimics my movements, keeping her face straight. "Always," she whispers back.

We stare into each others eyes for what feels like eternity but at the same time like it was only a split second before I clear my throat and smile.

"I've never eaten Thai food before."

Her face lit up with amusement as she let out a chuckle. "So that's your big secret?"

I narrow my eyes at her and lean back. "Are you judging me?" I placed one hand over my heart. "You know how hard it was for me to open up to you?"

Eve smiled and placed her hand over mine. "It must have been so hard for you."

"I sense sarcasm."

She grinned. "Nice Spidey-senses."

I roll my eyes at her just as our waitress walks up.

"Hello I'm Max if you guys need anything."

Max was short, had long brown hair pulled into a bun with big brown eyes. She had the tanned skin and almond shaped eyes of a Filipino.

Eve's eyes glowed with mischief. "And who are you if we don't?"

"Lucy," Max replied with a laugh, pulling out her pen and pad. "Are you ready to order?"

"Not exactly," I replied, but Eve had other plans.

"Actually me and my Thai-Virgin comrade over here will have the duck soup."

My eyes widened at her.

"What?" She asked.

"You're going to make me eat Daffy?!" I exclaimed.

Both her and Max looked at me in confusion before bursting into laughter.

"You know he's not real right?" Max asked.

"Is to." I shot back.

Eve just shook her head at me smiling, before turning back to Max. "We'll still take Daffy soup with mango sticky rice for dessert."

"And your drinks?"

"Just water."

"I'll be back in a jiffy," Max went off to give the chef our order.

I glowered at Eve. "I can't believe your making me eat Daffy."

She smirked. "I've always preferred Donald myself."

Max came and placed our waters on the table before retreating back to the kitchen. I narrowed my eyes at Eve as she sipped her drink.

"Is that supposed to be racist?"

Her eyes widened as she choked on the water. "Excuse me?" She stuttered.

"You heard me Missy. Are you being racist?"

"What where is this coming from?"

"Well I just find it slightly suspicious that the blonde haired blue eyed girl preferred the white duck over the black," I say keeping my face straight.

She shook her head, "First of all, my eyes are grey. Second, I don't even know how to respond to that."

I laughed, "Just the thing a duck racist would say."

She groaned in frustration just as Max reappeared, placing two bowls filled with orange-pink liquid.

"Enjoy Daffy," Max winked before going to help another table.

I stared at the bowl in front of me. "I'm not eating that."

Eve groaned. "Stop being such a baby."

I glared at her.

"You know how many Saturday mornings I spent watching Daffy and Bugs going at it? We were like this," I crossed my fingers. "Eating this soup would be the ultimate betrayal."

She sighed. "Come on. If you eat it then we can go anywhere you want after."

I raised my eyebrows at her. "Anywhere?"

"Yes."

"Deal," I picked up the spoon and filled it with the soup.

Here goes nothing. I'm sorry Daffy.

I quickly shoved the spoon in my mouth, closing my eyes in preparation for the disgusting taste to come. But it didn't. I peaked one eye open and Eve was looking at me amused. I swallowed the spoonful.

Crap, this is good.

I got another spoonful. Then another and another until it was all gone.

"Your welcome," Eve laughed.

"Yeah, yeah," I muttered.

Max came to take our dishes away and came back with the mango sticky rice. Which was just slices of mango on top of a bed of sweet rice. Simplistic yet very delicious.

After paying we walked to the car. I opened the passenger door, allowing her to climb in. Then I ran around and got in myself.

"So," Eve started. "Where to?"

I smiled over at her. "You'll see." She looked unsure.

"Don't worry," I assured her. "You'll love it."

God, I hope she does.