Chapter 7

Kitty's POV

They are staring at me...

I have this sixth sense type thing where I can always, ALWAYS, tell when people are looking at me. Its like their eyes are boring into my skin. It's a gift and a curse, depending on how you look at it, but right now the curse was out weighing the gift.

As I walked into the classroom, flanked by Jay and Jose, I felt every last pair on eyes on me.

I tried to ignore them as I walked to a group of empty seats at the back of the classroom, scratching my arm a little trying to get rid of the itchy feeling of their gazes.

I sat down in an empty desk, followed by Jay and Jose who plopped in the seats on either side of me.

Jay leaned in, glancing around her.

"Are you insane?" she hissed.

"Probably," Jose muttered under his breath.

Jay glared at him across me.

"Play nice," she scolded.

Jose scoffed as she turned her attention back to me.

"No seriously. Have you been in the asylum? Cause if you have I don't judge. Your secret is safe with me. Scouts honor."

She raised her right hand as if to prove this.

I laughed, "No, I'm not insane. Just cause I stood up to him?"

"No," Jose interrupted. "Because you're the only one to stand up to Zane. Ever. You're lucky you're a girl else he would have probably bashed your head in a locker for fun."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I scoffed. "You think I can't take him? I'll have you know I'm a boxing champ and I'm not scared of that idiot."

"Is that so?" a voice chuckles behind me.

Ahh shit...

Okay if I'm being totally honest with you guys, I was bluffing my ass off right there. It's all about first impressions.

I stood up and turned to face Zane.

And Zane's abs...

Holy beautiful abs...

Focus Kitty!

"Yes it is."

No its not.

I glared at his black eyes.

"I could whoop your punk ass right here, right now."

Liar.

I looked him up and down, talking in all 6'2 of his lean muscled sexiness.

"And by the looks of it you wouldn't put up much of a fight."

For your sake you better hope he can't tell you're lying.

If it was even possible those black eyes of his seemed to get darker. Every muscle on his body tensing.

"Is that an invitation?"

His voice came out husky and deep.

Keeping my voice level, "Did I stutter?"

No really did I? Can he tell I'm full of crap?

Then everything started going in slow motion.

I saw Zane's hand clench into a fist at his side.

Wait what?? was all my mind had time to process as I saw his arm lift, aimed for my abdomen.

In hindsight, I can't really be mad at him. I had taunted him and basically provoked him to a fight. Plus I'm all for equal treatment of both sexes so I can't really pull the but I'm a girl card right now.

Suddenly Jose was on his feet and pushing me out of the way. Before Zane's fist could make it anywhere near me, Jose had caught it in his hand, twisting Zane's arm so far behind his back he squealed.

"Don't ever hit a girl you worthless piece of crap."

Jose's voice was deep and menacing in Zane's ear.

I grasped my opportunity and punched him in the jaw.

"What he said."

"What in God's name is going on here?!"

We all froze. I turned to see the teacher standing with her hands on her hips.

"Principal's office. Now."

And that, my good friends is how I ended up in this uncomfortable excuse for an office.

Okay so maybe I didn't get to pull my prank. But this just might do the trick.