Chapter 9

Jose's POV

I'm dead.

I am going to die.

My mother is going to kill me.

Maybe she'll do it quick.. Painless..

All of these thoughts and more ran through my head as I sat in the principal's office.

We were waiting for Mr. Johanson to get back from what ever school related meeting he was in to dish out our punishments.

This is all her fault.

I scowled in my seat.

The her in question was sitting in the chair next to mine. She had her legs up sitting criss cross apple sauce. I could see her playing with the silver band on her right index finger.

She probably does that when she's nervous I realized.

Suddenly I wasn't so mad at her anymore..

I mean sure she had been stupid and arrogant and we were both probably going to get suspended, but right now looking at her, she just looked sad. And not the my cat just died sad, the I feel like I lost everything and I don't know what to do sad.

"Hey.." I whispered, her grey eyes looking into mine. "It's gonna be okay."

"Is it?" She whispered back, searching my face for answers.

I wonder what she saw when she looked at me. I was 6 foot but we were sitting down so I don't think that mattered. I was tan from going to the beach all the time and I was muscular due to football. I was the quarterback. I had a kind of defined chin. It wasn't like Chrimson Chin from Fairly Odd Parents or anything extreme, but it was there. My hair was a golden blond almost brown, again due to sun exposure, and my eyes were light brown, some might even say hazel.

Speaking of eyes, I was still looking into hers and I hadn't responded yet.

"Look Eve.." I trailed but was cut off by her snorting.

"That's not my name. My name is Kitty."

"But I thought-"

"Well you thought wrong." Her voice venomous.

"Only my mother calls me Eve.." she trailed.

Her eyes were sad again. I wondered what had happened. I wanted to make it better, to make her smile.

I started to ask what was wrong when she spoke again.

"Look, I don't mean to be rude Jose, but you don't know me and I don't know you. Let's just drop the help-the-clueless-new-girl act okay?"

I was confused.

"Is that why you think I did that? Because you're new?"

Now she looked confused.

"Well.. Yeah? I mean why else would you do it?"

Cause you're beautiful and make my brain process all jumbled up.

"Because Eve, I-"

Then the principal walked in followed by Zane.

"Aw, are you declaring your love already Mendoza?" He said with a smirk.

I just scowled in response.

Zane was our schools running back, and trust me it went to the guys head. Both of them if you catch my drift. The guy walked around like he owned the school. Well his parents kind of do with their generous donations and all, but still.

I mean he was every girls dream boy. Muscular, pitch black eyes, and black hair. So of course he got every girl he wanted.

My eyes widened when I realized how he was looking at Eve- Kitty- screw it I'm calling her Eve.

Does he want her?

Oh my god. What kinda weirdo was he? I mean she had just socked the guy in the jaw! Couldn't he take a hint?

But I knew it didn't matter. Cause what ever Zane wants Zane gets.

I looked back at Eve.

Shit...