Divine Move

Chapter Forty Seven

****

[Third Person]

As the group of four looked around at there surroundings, a familiar figure appeared right in front of the closed doors. Confusion filled Stiles as he watched the Nogitsune walk towards them, but it looked nothing like him. He had his original appearance, at least for now. "Like I promised, Stiles. We're going to kill all of them. One by one. We've already killed your precious girlfriend and Allison."

An Oni appeared in a flash, but Kira was ready and quick with her sword, clanging hers against the Oni's with no problem. Before anything else could happen the Oni left her side, going back behind the Nogitsune as three more appeared in the rest of the corners. "What is this? Where are we?" Scott asked.

"Between life and death

"Between life and death."

Lydia's eyes narrowed, "Bardo."

"But there are no peaceful deities here, Lydia. You're dying, Stiles. And now everyone you care about is dying, too."

"What? What do you mean?"

The Nogitsune began walking circles around the group, "I've captured almost all of the territories on the board, Stiles. The hospital, the sheriff's station, and now the animal clinic. Do you know the ritual of seppuku, Stiles?"

Stiles moved a little closer to Lydia, "No, no...and I don't want to."

"When a samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honor, but that's not the cut that kills him. The killing stroke is made by his kaishakunin, who beheads the samurai with his own Katana. Scott..." He said, pointing directly towards him. "Scott is your kaishakunin. I'm going to make your best friend kill you, Stiles. And you're going to let him." Lydia pulled Stiles closer to her supporting his weight, "Because just like you-" The Nogitsune began walking towards them, causing the group to walk backwards. "-they're all going to die. Everyone touched by an Oni's blade. Unless Scott kills you first."

"Why? Why are you doing this?"

The Nogitsune was fully facing Stiles, "To win the game."

Every single Oni began drawing their swords ready for a fight, along with Kira and Scott completely wolfed out. The attack almost started immediately, both Kira and Scott fighting left and right. Scott wasn't going to let anyone else die, that was the plan and he was sticking to it. While the Oni fought the Nogitsune just backed away, watching the entire thing like it was a show for his amusement. Stiles quickly did the same thing and backed away, keeping Lydia close to him so he could protect her.

"How is this happening? How are we in this place?" Scott yelled, leaning his back against Kira's.

"You're asking me? A month ago, I'd never even touched a sword." The fighting continued, Kira and Scott both trying to keep on top of the Oni but they were faster and stronger than they had been in times before. They had one mission, and that was to kill.