Three More Sacrifices

Chapter Twenty Three 

****

"I don't believe it. Scott can't really be with them. He can't be." Lydia said as we all sat around the living room. Stiles explained everything to her, but she seems to be in denial...I wish what we were telling her wasn't the truth.

"You didn't see the look on his face, though. It was–" 

I let out a small sigh, "Look, Lydia...none of us want to believe that Scott's with Deucalion now, but it's the truth. So we just have to move along with our lives and figure out a way stop Jennifer, and find Scotts mom and Sheriff." 

"Then what can I do? I mean, I get we're some kind of, like, human geiger counters for death, but–I don't know how to turn it on and off yet. Do you?" She asked, turning towards me. 

Did I know how to control my abilities? Heck no. They have a mind of their own. 

I shook my head lightly in response, "No..." 

"All I know is that Jennifer tried to kill us because of..." 

My eyebrows furrowed as she stopped talking, "What?" 

"Because of what?" Stiles asked, leaning more towards my sister and I. "Hey, Lydia, what?" 

"When she called Autumn and I Banshees, she was surprised by it. What if that's not why she tried to kill us? I mean, she was trying to kill me before Autumn even showed up." 

"Then why did she?" Stiles asked. 

Lydia slowly stood up from her seat, "That's what we need to find out."

****

"I thought we were going to actually be doing something to help, not coming to school." I complained as Lydia and I walked down the stairs in the direction of our lockers. "This is the last place I wanna be right now...this is the last place we should be right now. I don't like that Isaac and Allison are out trying to do something and we're here, and I especially don't like the fact that Allison isn't texting me back either." 

My sister let out a heavy sigh as she took a look at her cell phone, "Yeah, well, Aiden's not texting me back either." 

"We need to get out of here." 

"Okay, well, maybe we could just...We could go over there and–" 

"Something's wrong with Stiles..." I said, cutting my sister off. I could see him standing near my locker staring at his phone, an expression that I didn't like one bit covering his face. As my footsteps quickened so did Lydia's, within seconds I was standing in front of my boyfriend. "Stiles? Babe, what's wrong? What happened?" 

"Oh, God." Lydia muttered as she realized his expression, taking a spot next to me. "What is it now?" 

Stiles slightly shook his head as his eyes finally met mine, "It's from Isaac. Jennifer, she to–She has Allison's father. She took him." My heart sunk the moment I processed the words. All I could do was sit there wide eyed, mouth gaped open. "She's got all three now." 

I shook my head quickly, "No. No...that couldn't have happened." Stiles kept his eyes locked on mine, but my eyes followed his hand as he placed his phone in his pocket. His hands were shaking like crazy, and I could hear his breathing becoming more rapid. This doesn't look like it's gonna end well. "Stiles?" 

"There's still time. We still have time right?" Lydia asked as I took a step closer to my boyfriend. He was now starting to gasp for air, and I knew exactly what was happening.