K i Ra

Chapter Thirty

****

"This is a horrible idea." I muttered as the fire alarm rang through the halls. I glanced around to find students filing out of classrooms, and my boyfriend grinning and nodding in satisfaction at his plan.

My sister shrugged, "I mean, it's getting everyone out of the school, isn't it? And neither of us seemed to have a better idea."

"Yeah, that's true..." I admitted, scanning my surroundings once again. Everything seemed to be going fine until one person in particular came into view.

The one and only, Bobby Finstock.

My eyes widened, and Stiles' eyes met mine in confusion. "Um, Stiles..."

The satisfied look on his dropped, and the moment his eyes met Coach. "Wow." He said as his body flew back.

Finstock immediately grabbed a hold of Stiles' ear and began dragging him outside, Lydia and I following directly behind. "Pulling a fire alarm on Mischief night is one thing. Doing it when there's a mass murderer spotted nearby is insane!" He finally let go his ear, and stopped walking as we all arrived outside. "If I was four years younger, I'd punch you!"

Stiles narrowed his eyes, "What? Coach, that doesn't make sense."

"Oh, well, it does to me!" Coach exclaimed before briskly walking into another direction.

"Okay, do either of you think that made sense?" My boyfriend asked as he turned around so he could face Lydia and I.

"That doesn't matter right now, there's Scott." I said, motioning to where our best friend was. "Come on." I grabbed a hold of his hand and began dragging him, Lydia walking right next to me. "So?"

"We didn't find anything."

"Not even a scent." Scott added.

I crossed my arms over my chest, "This doesn't make any sense, Lydia's positive he's here."

"It's three o'clock, so school's over...Wouldn't something have happened by now if anything was gonna happen?" Stiles asked.

"Does that mean everybody's safe?"

All eyes shifted towards Lydia, "I don't know. I just...I don't know."

****

My eyes were locked onto Stiles who was pinning some things onto his "crime" board, while I just rested on my stomach at the foot of his bed. I would offer to help him, but this board was like Stiles' baby, when he gets focused on it, it's just best to let him do his thing. And not to mention how adorable he looked when he was super focused and working, so it was just nice watching.

I glanced own to my right to find the four different colors of string Stiles uses when he pins pictures together, "Hey, babe? What do the different colored strings mean again?"

He glanced back towards me before going back to pinning a picture of Barrow up, "Oh, just different stages of the investigation. Green is solved, yellow is to be determined, blue's just pretty." He admitted with a small shrug.

"Oh yeah, I remember now. Red means unsolved, right?"

He nodded, Yup, that would be correct."

"....annnnd you only have red on the board...." I stated awkwardly.

He turned around, eyes narrowed. "Yes, I'm aware. Thank you." As his hands found their way to his hips, he once again turned back to face the board.