Dude don't take my glasses

We spent the whole night and Sunday talking and catching up with each other's life -- though I had to do it in his office because he was knee deep in work. It had been a long time since we last did that, it felt awesome talking to my dad again and feeling that nothing wrong was going on with our lives and everything was just like before when my mum was still alive.

It felt like time went by too fast. It's already Monday morning and my dad already left for work. I would really miss talking to him. I've got no idea how long would it take before we get to talk that much again. How I wished he could go on break then and be home everyday I came back from a hard day at school.

As I slowly dazed around, I realised I needed to get ready for school. I quickly got up from my bed and went to do my usual morning routines. As I went to find my clothes for today, I decided to wear a huge baggy red sweater that reaches the halfway of my thighs and black tights together with my brown knee length boots. Looking at myself in the mirror, I combed my brown hair and decided to put on my glasses since this outfit called for it to give it a certain touch.

I quickly grabbed my bag and dashed out of the house making sure that I didn't leave anything behind. Just as I reached my front porch, Riley appeared with his ever so lovely car. "What's up?" Riley gave me a head nod as the window rolled down.

"The sky," I answered sarcastically. With a head jerk, he gestured me to get into his car and I went in without any hesitation. I was starting to actually appreciate having him around as a friend and getting free rides. And, come on, a free ride to school? Thank you!

"Here," I said, casually tossing the shirt that I volunteered to help clean. It's now in its original condition and maybe even better. What can I say? I'm a wizard when it came to laundry.

"Thanks, slave." He thanked making sure to place emphasis on the word 'slave'. God, what had I gotten myself into? Being an involuntary slave was not on my 'to do list'.

"Please don't call me that." I shot him a death glare.

"Why can't I? And since when can the slave order the master?" He smiled with amusement.

"I did not agree with this, Sparrow." I snapped, trying my best to keep a straight face. The fact that I'm being called a slave was weirdly funny, was it just me or? Okay, maybe it's just me. I found everything funny when the situation doesn't calls for it.

"Oh but you did, slave. When you helped me get the juice box, which may I add is too immature for someone like me." He gestured towards his entire body showing that he's mature - in his wildest dream. I just rolled my eyes at him knowing that I, yet again, lost another argument.

----------

The entire car ride towards school was silent after the argument. It was a comfortable silence. Which was kind of nice.

I was just about to get out of the car when Riley interrupted me. "What's with the glasses, Brina?" He tried stifling a laughter.

"What? Can't a girl wear glasses to enhance her look for the day?" I questioned, making sure to air quote 'enhance'.

"Enhance the geekiness of her look that is," He said bursting out in laughter, I shot him a death glare. I quickly got out of the car and marched up to my locker where the gang was waiting for me.

All of them had a grin plastered onto their faces as I made my way towards them. "Tell us everything!" Screamed Amber, jumping up and down like a little girl.

"Everything abut what?" I arched an eyebrow at her, opening my locker to stuff my books.

"About what happened when you and Riley were at your house." Said Faith with the whole 'duh' tone.