Heartbreaks and Food

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A LOT OF MESSAGES BEING SENT.

PLAY THE SONG ON THE SIDE WHEN IT'S TIME. YOU'LL KNOW WHEN U NEED TO PLAY IT!

=========

He rubbed his neck in pure nervousness, looking anywhere but me. The curiosity in me was burning like a wild fire. I would give anything just to have a hint about what he was thinking. "Riley? What are you thinking about?" I asked softly, placing my hand on his shoulder to capture his attention. "Answer me, dude! You're making me go crazy."

"Sorry. Um, Sabrina?" He slowly grabbed both of my hands and lifted it up. My heart was beating frantically. What on earth was making him so nervous? Was he going to ask for a break?

"Yeah?" I stuttered, droplets of sweat appearing on my forehead slowly. "

I love you," He whispered into my ears, squeezing my hand tightly. Were my ears deceiving me? Was I hearing it correctly?

"I'm sorry but can you say that again? I think I misheard you saying that you love me," I chuckled nervously.

"I. Love. You. Sabrina." The smile on me crept onto my face once I heard his confession of his love to me.

"I love you too, Riley," I whispered, looking at his beautiful brown eyes.

"Have fun on your trip but not too much fun." Riley winked.

"I will, no worries." I leaned up to give his cheek a small peck before turning around to go back into my house. That was definitely the sweetest thing that he has ever done to me. My life felt just like a romance novel.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes at the painfully sweet memory. What happened to the 'I love you'? What happened that changed his feelings for me overnight? That had got to be the joke of the lifetime. Who knew it was all a fucking lie to him. Don't just declare your love for someone and change your mind the next day. That's just a dickward move.

I'm sitting on my bed, staring at the beautiful view outside my window. Thoughts came in and out, flooding my empty mind with any sort of possibility that he might just be lying and with ideas on what was I really going to do about the situation. I'm stuck between sucking it up and pretending that what happened at California did not happen at all and ending this whole 'relationship' once and for all. If I ended the relationship, I knew that it'd make his wish come true. However, if I didn't do it, I'd end up getting hurt even worse than I was now. What's the point of hurting myself even more when I know the root of all the pain?

It's like knowing you have a sprained ankle and not giving a shit about it. And before you know it, your ankle's going to hurt so badly that it'd take an even longer time for it to heal properly or maybe some permanent damage might've been done.

But, part of me -- the lovesick part -- did not want to give this up. She's sitting there wishing and praying that it was all a joke and that he did not mean what he said. But actions speak louder than words. What he's doing right then was already proving his point: all his messages were nothing but monotonous. He wasn't even making any effort to talk to me when I tried so damn hard to bring our lively conversation back again.

I did what most heartbroken teenage girl would've done: I went onto Twitter and retweeted heartbroken tweets or tweeted about how sad my life was. It was actually an amazing way to vent out your sadness -- though it probably seemed really sad. Riley asked me what did all of my tweets and retweets meant and I told him it was nothing important. He asked why did I call myself gullible and I replied asking if I should comment on my ugly looks instead.