Realisation On The Beach cntd

"Can you get off from my back now? The water is at waist-level, which means you're safe." Riley shook his head in disbelief as if he could not believe that a girl like me could be so afraid to drown. I tried to wiggle my way out of his grasp but his arms were holding onto my legs as if his life depended on it.

"Um, it would help if you can let go of my legs," I chuckled. And as quickly as possible, he let go acting like he did not know that he has been holding onto my legs for the past few minutes. I quickly jumped down and went beside him as we slowly made our way towards the shallow water where all of our friends resided.

As I was walking towards them, I realised they've been staring at us throughout the entire process and were all cooing. I quickly flushed before recovering to show them a poker face. "You guys are definitely meant for each other!" "You two look so sweet!" Everyone coo-ed from different directions at us and all the girls all gave us dreamy looks while Natasha just flashed a scowl before covering it with a fake smile.

Riley and I stood there motionless in the water while staring at all of them. I could feel the awkwardness slowly rising and he began scratching the back of his neck -- that's what he does when he's nervous. "We're not," I replied, making my way to the group of people while Riley turned back and headed towards his friends.

"Come here, Sabrina," Bryan ordered, using his hand to wave me over.

"Yes Bryan? How can I be of service to you today?" I joked.

"You like Riley don't you?"

Me? Like Riley? No way, amigo. It is impossible. I think.

"No!" I almost instantaneously disagreed," I'm not like the other girls who will fall for Riley. It is below me."

"But he likes you."

"Pfft, as if. The day he likes me, is the day the world ends. Besides, he treats me as one of his friends and I treat him as one of mine."

"Fine, what if one day he really likes you and ask you to be his. Are you going to say yes?" He asked, clearly interested in whatever my answer may be.

Am I going to say yes? Would it be worth the effort? Would it even happen?

"Honestly, I've got no idea. But, I don't have anything to worry about since that'll never happen." After I responded, I quickly stood up, dusted the wet sand off my shorts and walked over to Jace to pelt him with sand since he sweetly threw sand at me as I was talking to Bryan.

"Hey Jace!" I called out," Catch!" With that, I threw the wet sand that I held in my clamped fist at him, but missed horribly -- I seriously had to work on my accuracy. He just gave me a cocky smirk before starting our next round of 'sand war'. I quickly ran over to his side and rubbed the sand onto his arms while laughing maniacally in victory. You're so weird. "That's why Riley can't possibly like you." My inner sub-conscious insulted. I want to disagree with her so badly but I know that she's right.

"Whose red slipper is that?" I questioned, pointing at the red slipper floating on the sea water, slowly drifting away from the group of slippers on the shore.

"Shit!" Alex cried out before swimming over with a few of the other guys hot on his tails to grab his slipper back. God, that was a funny sight to see.

When all the guys got back, Alex went to place his slipper back but not soon after, another one of some poor fool's slipper floated away into the horizon and they had to go back to retrieve it. Blame them for placing their shoe on the shore instead of the picnic area. Eggheads.

As they continued their little adventure -- retrieving back their float-aways -- I went to visit the rest of my friends where they were building a body of sand for Zander. He was given really small boobs which made me laugh uncontrollably. Heather and Jeanette were still shaping the boobs using their hands that were rested on Zander's chest. It was a terribly hilarious sight and I burst out into even louder fits of laughters.