Realisation On The Beach

Being flustered in the morning was something that I was -- still am -- exceptionally gifted at. I had a knack of being unable to be ready for anything at the wee hours in the morning unless of course I prepared at night. However, since my motivation of actually going to the beach with my friends was at an all time low, I did not prepare the night before. Neither did I feel particularly up to getting ready.

I'd been standing in front of my wardrobe for the last 30 minutes trying to find the perfect thing to wear. However, nothing caught my attention. Curse my lack of beach appropriate wear. Why didn't I buy anything that was great for the beach?

"That's it!" I screamed, being pissed off with the fact that I'm running late. It'd take me at least 15 minutes to reach the place that all of us were supposed to meet and being late is not what I had in mind to start the day. I quickly grabbed a t-shirt with a blue denim high-waisted shorts before stuffing it into my bag and grabbing another yellow tee and a pair of light blue coloured shorts, rushing into the shower to do my daily morning routine.

May however I looked be damned.

"Hey amigos." I chirped, waving to everyone present eating their mouthwatering, delicious McDonald's breakfast. I quickly took a seat and stare at everyone devouring the food as I savor the bittersweet taste of regret for not grabbing anything to eat. But due to my excitement, I've got a feeling I won't be able to hold the food down and it'll make a reappearance -- that's uglier than it was when I ate it.

Trying to distract myself from consuming everything in front of me, I quickly turned to my phone for entertainment hoping that I'd get distracted. Being engrossed in texting was without a doubt the worst thing ever, especially being in the presence of Riley. I was busy texting one of my friends when Riley abducted my baby.

"Give me back my phone," I ordered.

"No way, Brina. Who says that you can use your phone? I'm doing you an amazing favour."

"And what may the favour be?"

"Making sure you spend quality time with your classmates instead of being glued to your phone."

"I am spending quality time with everyone," I retorted, crossing my arms acting like a little child. I swiftly took his phone away to give myself a leverage over him. There ain't no way was I going to give him back his phone unless he gave mine back. We both threw each other stares seeing who would give in first: definitely him.

Out of a sudden, the sound of a camera capturing pictures sounded in my ears. Both of our heads snapped towards the source of the sound and we saw Bryan, our friend -- or fiend --, taking pictures of us together while smiling evilly to himself. "I've made the right choice to come today. I'm definitely gathering enough evidences needed to prove that both of you like each other." He showed off his cocky smile and place his head up showing that he's winning.

Instead of forcing him to delete those pictures, I returned to the more important task at hand: my phone. Phone over dignity for now and forever. 

"Do you know the Natasha is angry at you because Riley is spending a lot of time with you?" Nicole whispered into my ears. Well, she actually has plenty of reasons to be angry at me. But it wasn't like it's my fault that Riley decided to take my phone away and 'lose it' to have me panicking all over the place and literally killing him for 'losing it'. We actually had an all our argument in the train towards the beach station.

"How do you know that?" I breathed quietly making sure that its for Nicole ears only.

"After she saw the both of you acting all chummy together, her mood instantly changed." Nicole explained softly, giving me a fearful look as though she's afraid of the green monster that Natasha would turn too. Still, she's right. Looking at Natasha now, her mood changed for the worse. It looked as though someone ruined her day -- I guess I did.