The Barbecue

"They said what?" The grin on my face was slowly spreading with amusement, once I heard what the boys said about Natasha.

"They said that her hair looks like how a middle-aged woman would style her hair and her teeth looks like a fucking bunny!" Laughed Faith, using one of her hands to wipe an invisible tear coming out from her eye.

"You've got to be kidding me. That has got to be the most hilarious yet truthful thing about her, I've ever heard," I burst out laughing, clutching onto my sides. "Is there anything else that happened while I was gone, yesterday?" I asked, intrigued. It really sucked when good things happens when you're gone for the day. Why couldn't interesting things happen when I'm in school? Damn, I probably should've just came to school and skipped the competition that my club had enrolled me in.

"Well, nothing significant really. Well, except.." Faith trailed off, looking around as if she was unsure whether to tell me or not.

"Spit it out, Faith. You know how much I hate it when someone just stops midway when they're about to tell me something." I frowned, crossing my arms. The irritation I felt whenever someone wants to tell me something yet stopped midway to leave me hanging, was really huge. I felt like shaking the words out of their body whenever anyone did that. It's either you want to tell me or you didn't. If you didn't then you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

"Well, the whole tickling scene that you had with Riley did not go un-noticed by Ms Tanner -- you of course know that already. But, the thing that you don't is that Ms Tanner went to tell Mr Stephan and during Physics yesterday... Well, let's just say that we had a very intriguing topic to talk about."

"So, it was intriguing at the expense of Riley and me?"

"Well, yeah. Mr Stephan started the class with a question. He asked if anyone of the girls in the class is 'cool' with Riley tickling them. Everyone shook their head but they all said, and I quote, 'Except Sabrina. He only tickles her.'."

"What? Now that is an interesting subject to talk about. Please, continue." All of the color in my face drained out completely like it had been flushed down a toilet. That was not what I was expecting.

"Mr Stephan then started eyeing Riley and said that you two shouldn't do that because of the difference in gender -- not saying that you should do that if you guys are the same gender -- and even though you guys 'might' be a couple, you should refrain from the whole 'touchy-feely' things in school."

"I bet Natasha and Sarah had smug expressions the whole time while Mr Stephan was having that little 'talk'," I added in, glaring at the back of the head of Natasha and Sarah, constantly switching back and forth.

"I guess so."

"Damn, I don't think I have the bravery to look at Mr Stephan or talk to him ever again. Don't even get me started on how am I going to survive 2 hours of him later," I groaned in frustration at how everything was going south. Shouldn't things be going north instead? I swear that the universe was unhappy at my relationship with Riley and just wanted it to crumble down. I scowled at that thought. The only thing that was making my world less grey was that I got to spend time with Riley and my friends later for the 'last day of school before spring break and birthday celebration' barbecue later that evening -- I hadn't got to spend any real couple time with him for a few days.

Different girls' shrieks was sounded across the entire room. I groaned inwardly at how they were just squealing away. They should've anticipated this when they started squeezing water from their sponges at Riley. Didn't they know that he of all people will retaliate once provoked? And there they were, acting like elementary school kids playing around with water. It was already terrible enough that we had to clean up the classroom since it was the last day of school. Having to deal with their constant shrieks, squeals, screams and water being splashed around everywhere did not make it any easier.