The Innocent Isn't So Innocent Afterall

"How was the event?" Summer asked, nodging me with her elbow.

"Well it could've been even better." I looked up at Summer from my lunch. All I could think about was what happened during the event. I was scrutinizing every single moment I spent with Riley and I knew I was overthinking everything. There was no way he might still have feelings for me. It was from a biased point of view after all.

"What do you mean it could've been better? I bet that you and Riley had some fun time." Summer wiggled her eyebrows while making kissy faces.

"Well, maybe. If you consider playing cards fun." And holding onto his arms while we were in the themed park. Clinging onto him. Having him roll me around in a blanket.

"Oh stop being so modest. You had an awesome time with him that's why you can't stop smiling away right now -- you are pretty much oozing happiness."

"Oh, shut up, Summer. I'm so not." My ears turned red at the thought that I was too easily read. Was it that easy to see that I was exhilarated about the time I spent with him?

"Oh my god!" Summer screamed out of the blue with her mouth stuffed with fries. 

"Gosh Summer, relax a little," I chuckled. "What on earth has got you so excited?"

"I just remember that there is something that I need to tell you!" Summer shrieked.

"Alright?" I asked quizzically.

"Okay so Andrew told me something about Riley and Christina." She started, looking at me with excitement.

"What about the both of them?" I asked disinterestedly.

"Now, before I say anything, I just want you to know that it was in the past. And the only reason that I'm telling you this is so that you don't hear it from someone else. Remember, it was in the past. Well, get this: when you were on your vacation at Disney Land, apparently both of them kind of went out together and were texting each other."

My heart starting thudding loudly. "Wait, what? They were what?" I blurted out, angrily. "Why am I not surprised?" I shook my head, rolling my eyes. Why wasn't I? I knew it would've happened.

This was the cherry on top of the gorgeous sundae. What did I do to deserve that? As if it wasn't bad enough that Riley had to flirt with my friend right in front of my face -- sort of -- he also had to do it behind my back? Not that I didn't see it coming. It was one of the things that was worrying me before I board the bloody plane. That he was going to go back to Christina. If I could be the third wheel in their relationship, she could've just easily had been mine. Or fourth wheel. However you want to see it.

"It gets worse. Remember, past. So, as if that isn't bad enough, apparently, when they went out and texted, Christina was flirting with him and sort of convinced him to lose feelings for you."

God Fucking Karma. Damn it.

"What?" I felt betrayed and hurt. God damn it, no one could just come and do that to my god damn life.

"I can't fucking believe her. The god damn nerves that she has astounds me," I seethed. "Then what huh? She thinks that she can just go fucking flirt with a guy who's taken and make him lose feelings for his girlfriend and after that, she thinks that she can go fucking date his friend. Who the fuck does she think she is?" I yelled, pushing away my tray of food. 

That pretty much got me a lot of attention. Yes guys, Sabrina Winters' was having another episode in the cafeteria, mind your own business.

"Where are you going?" Summer immediately asked, standing up together with me.