What To Do When You're Heartbroken

That's it. Everything that I'd ever hoped and prayed for just went down the drain like that. Oh, how naive of me to think that the relationship could last when I already knew the end result. Talk about cliche. The good girl falls for the bad boy but after a few weeks, the bad boy breaks the good girl's heart. Except, in this story, the good girl and the bad boy did not get back together.

"Here, Sabrina. Use this to wipe away your tears. You shouldn't cry because of Riley. He isn't worth it at all." Felice handed me a stack of tissue from a nearby table. There's no point in trying to wipe away my tears when more would just come out when I wiped them away. I'd never thought that real heartbreak could be this discomforting. Everyone around you would tell you 'Don't cry,he isn't worth it', 'There's someone better out there', 'Cheer up, don't cry over him' and 'Show him that you can be happy without him'. I'd always thought that it was easy to do all of those things. Just suck it up and move on right? How hard could that be? Well, I'd never been anymore mistaken in my entire life.

It was not easy to just move on, to stop crying, to stop thinking about him or just let go of him. It seemed even harder than trying to overcome my fear of vomiting -- which was pretty difficult if you ask me. What was I thinking when I told all of my friends who experienced heartbreak before those sentences -- probably only looking at one side of things.

The tears just couldn't stop spilling out of my eyes. It felt like an endless waterfall that kept falling and falling and falling. "Stop looking at your phone, Sabrina. Riley isn't ever going to call or message you to apologise." Cheryl said, trying to minimise the pity in her eyes. There went my last hope that he'd feel remorseful and ask me back. I'm a hopeless romantic, what could I say? Reading too many romance novels could do that to someone.

"Here, give me your phone. Let's take your mind off of this for a while first." I handed over my phone to Cheryl and started staring at nothing but my naked hands -- that felt really empty without a phone being clutched in-between.

"Damn dude! Let me go!" Ricky's scream ringed throughout the entire quiet and serene night. The group of guys were trying to drag Ricky into the pool and he was as sure as hell putting some kind of fight against them.

The fight got so intense that Ricky started clinging onto one of the wooden tables nearby, refusing to let go as though his life depended on it. All of the boys tried to pry him off of the wooden table but to no avail. Ricky was very determined to cling onto the wooden table. It was a really funny sight and it managed to brighten my mood up even though I knew that deep down, this break up still affected me a lot.

After 10 minutes, all of the boys got tired and gave up trying to get Ricky into the pool while Ricky still continued to cling onto the table, refusing to move even an inch.

"Be right back, I want to sit on the edge of the pool to relax," I informed Cheryl before standing up and making my way towards the sparkling pool. I slowly sat down, being careful not to let the water touch my shorts or I'm sure that the pool will start turning red. The presence of my monthly gift from mother nature was not helping with the situation. It just made everything worse than it was supposed to be. I always got emotional during that period of time and I definitely didn't need  that at the moment.

My feet were dangling in the cold water as I placed my arms behind and lean onto them for support while staring at the endless dark sky filled with only a few stars and a big, bright and full moon. The peace and serenity the night sky brought me was endless. 

Why did the entire world felt and looked so peaceful when I was here feeling anything but? The world is such a liar. There were so many others who were probably feeling the same way as me but the world doesn't show it, did it? It just gave you fake pretenses.