Chapter Fourty-Two: Don't keep me waiting

*Teresa*

I stared at the open door, and the broken seal on my floor. On the outside I looked composed and calm, but inside I was a screaming mess. I wanted to run and hunt him down, but that wasn't necessary.

"Lolita." I wiped off the seal, and stood up straight. I looked up at the sky, and saw dark clouds forming. A smirk placed on my lips now. "Don't keep me waiting too long this time. It's about time we end this." I shut my door, and casually made my way down the street. I placed my sunglasses on, making sure no one notices my changing eyes. "This is gonna be fun."

************************

*Lolita*

I landed back at her house, but she wasn't there anymore. The faint trace of her energy told me she was here, only a few minutes ago. She knew, she already knew I was coming. I looked up to the sky, and I saw the others heading my way.

"My word, what is that disgusting energy?!" Alexandria was covering her nose with the sleeve of her dress.

"That, would be my sister." Ashton walked passed them and entered the house. I saw him shutter, as if reliving a horrible memory. What exactly did Teresa do to him? "She knows that we are coming for her, we are going to have to split up if we want to find her."

"Why the hell should we listen to you?" I sent a warning look to Lenore, but she ignored it. "You're an archangel for five minutes, and all of a sudden you wanna act all tough?"

"Leno-" He placed a hand on my shoulder, and walked up to Lenore. They stared each other down, both sending glares at one another.

"I get that you don't like me, I get it. I don't know if it's because I was a zombie, an angel, because I was human, or whatever the reason! But can you do one thing for me? Zip your lip, and follow my orders just this once?! Put aside the 'I hate everything because my family isn't how I want them' attitude, and follow the orders given to you." I could see his wings ruffling. I should really show him how to cover those, but maybe later.

It was quiet for a few minutes. Even my father stared at him with wide eyes, you could hear one of our feathers drop with how quiet it was.

"Remind me not to get on his bad side." I saw Alejandro whispering to my mother, who could only nod since her mouth was slightly open.

"Now, if I can finish." He shot an angry, but quiet Lenore a warning look. "I know Tess. She will be waiting in one of three locations. Our old house, the building Abraham used, or your house."

"Why our house?" My mom stepped up, finally saying something after so long.

"Your house holds a lot of memories. One thing that I remember is Tess saying how much she hated the seal on her. She has been trying for the longest to remove it. So if anything, she might be there trying to find the way to get it off." I thought about this for a while. All of them did seem like possible locations that she would go.

"I agree with Ashton." They all turned to look at me. "We know Teresa better than anyone else, so I agree with Ashton. Mom." She seemed surprised by my calling her, but she did well not to show it to the others. "You, Alexandria and Alejandro head to her old house."

"Why us?" Alejandro pointed between him and Alexandria, who was staring at me from the other side of her floating scroll.

"We never told anyone this, but our mother is like us. She holds some ability like us, but we don't know what it is. Out of all of us, she will be more comfortable with speaking to you." I could see them looking nerves. I guess they aren't used to dealing with the mortals on earth.

"Father." He stood up straight, waiting for what I had to say next. "You, Lenore, and Blake will return to Abraham's building."

"Why do you hate me?" I looked at Blake, who was staring at me with a blank face. "It's not bad enough that I am going back to god forsaken place, sorry grandpa!"

"It's okay!" We all heard his voice ring through the house.

"But aside from that, you are sending me with these two!" He pointed to Father and Lenore. They both gave him matching glares. "Don't give me those looks, we can't stand each other!" They seemed to agree with this.

"Blake." I walked up to him and placed my hands on his shoulders. "I know how you feel about this, but please trust me. You are the only one that knows his way around that building. Being a full Reaper now, the energy won't effect you like before. Besides." I pulled him closer so that only he could hear. "You are the only one I trust that can handle these two." He thought about it for a second, before he let out a sigh. I knew that he would agree with me. "Great. Ashton and I will take the house. If one group finds Teresa first contact the others. We will rush back to help as fast as we can, agreed?"

"Agreed." With that, they all took off. Father, Blake, and Lenore had to wait until they were outside of the gates to remove the robes, which Lenore then proceeded to burn with her flames. They each summoned their wings and flew towards Abraham's building. Alexandria and Alejandro helped mom used the portal she used to use to head back to earth. Having given up her wings, she is unable to fly with them. I watched as they all went to search for my best friend. The girl who I could talk to about being in my family. The only person I trusted outside of the messed up world I lived in.

"Hey." I felt Ashton take my hand in his. I looked into his eyes, and knew he felt the same way I did. At the end of all this, that's his little sister he is fighting. The very sister who he once used to protect. "We will find a way to save her. Hopefully it doesn't come to that." He didn't have to say it, I already knew.I have been around death my whole life. He's my father after all. But this is the first time in my life, that I hope someone wouldn't die.

"I am getting Teresa back. Whatever demon is inside of her better be scared shitless right now, not even the Devil himself is gonna want to mess with me right now." We both spread our wings, and flew towards my house. Any other time I would be enjoying this, but not right now. We passed spirit after spirit, so I already knew. Teresa was out here, and she was pissed, well so was I. "Hell hath no furry like an angry hybrid."