Chapter Fourty-Five: Bringing down the house

We are closer. Much closer. With each location we check, we find more and more stuff out. It's only a matter of time before all the pieces are put together, and all this madness can end.

"Lolita, we're here." I look to Ashton, he is point to our next location below us.

"Okay. Be on your guard." We land on a small gap between two houses, and change back. We made sure to grab clothes that seem more normal. I doubt walking around dressed in clothes that look like they belong in a Greek museum the style right now. "I am still not used to this." I was holding my now blond and black hair.

"It suits you." He smiled at me, before both our faces turned serious. We quickly crossed the street to my house, before stopping briefly in front of the door. We both knew she would be here, Ashton told me his plan. If we send everyone to the other two locations, they can gather more info, And we can deal with Tess. I opened the door, and there she was.

"My my. Isn't this a sight for sore eyes." She was sitting on my father's seat, drinking a glass of his red wine. She drank the last of it, and stood up. We silently watched as she made her way to the basement, We followed behind her. As we walked further down, I took in the sight of my best friend. Her once bright colors now replaced by solid black. Her once sweet and happy smile, a crimson coated smirk. My sweet Teresa, I am sorry.

********************************

*Ashton*

I watched as a sad smile took over Lolita's beautiful face. A faraway look in her mixed colored eyes. I took her hand, and it seemed to bring her back. But the second I did, a knife cut the top of my hand. I watched the wound heal itself.

"Now now. No touching." I watched horrified as Teresa held another knife in her hand. A strange look in her eyes. "Ashton, bad boy. Isn't it wrong for a big brother to make his dear little sister worry this much?" I clenched my fist. Memories of the horrid things she did to me flashing in my mind. The very memory burning my flesh, and making my feathers ruffle. And she had the nerve to laugh in my face. "I see you remember our little one on one sessions." It didn't take long for Lolita to figure it out.

"You sick bitch! Not even a demon would do that to it's own kin." Her hair was turning black, with the tips staying blond. Her eyes taking more of a demonic green. "You have caused enough harm Teresa. We need to end this." A strong dark glow was starting to envelop her.

"My pleasure." I turned the Tess, and  watched the familiar yellow glow surround her as well. But only hers was different. Unlike Abraham, she seems to have mastered more control over it. "Surprised?! I used Abraham's old lab and learned how to use it. Came as easy to me as breathing." She proved her point when she started to form orbs of it in the palms of her hands.

The events that happened next are ones I would have tried to prevent, but I knew I couldn't. They went at each other like wild animals. Pieces of the house started breaking. Lolita summoned a scythe out of no where, using it to cut away at the orbs Tess shot her way. I knew I  wouldn't be able to stop them, and keep the how from collapsing. So I called out for some help. A small barrier was placed around the basement, that way it doesn't come down on us. I don't know what was happening outside the barrier, I just hope it wasn't causing too much damage to the world outside. At the moment, I was more worried about the damages happening right in front of me. Tess was shooting her orbs like bullets, and Lolita was firing back with black flames from her scythe. I had to dodge a few times to keep from getting hit. I go down, so does my barrier. I think Tess figured it out, because she kept aiming in my direction. But Lolita was just at fast at dodging them, and blocking them.

"You seem real cozy with that fake soul brother. I guess you don't want your old one back then?" I know she's just trying to mess with me. Abraham took it and only he knows were it is. "Come Ashton, don't you trust me? I know exactly what Abraham did to your soul, and how to get it back. All you have to do, is come back to my side." She stopped firing at us, and extended her hand to me. "Forget about the reapers, forget about Lolita, and I will give you your soul back."

"Ashton, don't do it. She'll only try and control you again." I looked between her and Teresa. Normally, I would have chosen my sister's side, I always have. But right now, this thing, wasn't Teresa. I think she was able to read my decision on my face, because hers started to form into a scowl. "Wrong move." Her eyes started to glow, and the light around her started to pulsate. The heat it was giving out felt like it was burning my flesh.

"Ashton, take down the barrier!" I turned to her as if she had suddenly sprung a second head.

"What?! Are you insane?! I do that the whole place goes down!" She turned to face me.

"If you don't, then we get hit with that, and the house won't be the only thing going down!" I knew she had a point, so I did as she said. I called my barrier off. The second it came down, we flew out, and down came the house. "Cloak yourself, quickly!" We did, just in time to make sure no one who came rushing out their house saw us. The place were the Reaper house once stood, was now a pile of rubble. People crowed around in shock, wondering what could have happened.

"Lolita, Ashton. Head to the location I am sending you, meet back with the others." Alexandria's voice rang in both our heads, followed by a sudden flash image of directions. Ashton and I looked at each other, before giving a final look to where my house once was, and heading the direction of where the others were. We didn't speak on the way back, we didn't have to. We both knew the sad fact. Teresa is still out there, and it's just a matter of time before she shows herself once again.