Chapter 28- Could It Be???

Aiden’s POV:

                “London,” I smile.

                “Uhm, excuse me? I think you’ve confused me with someone else,” the young lady responds as she helps me get up. Her frame from the back may appear the same but she’s not the one I’m looking for.

                “Yeah, sorry,” I mumble as I dust myself off.

                “It’s fine.”

                “If you don’t mind me asking, what were you doing with that car?” I nod towards the previous Audi R8, that’s still parked in its same spot. She follows my gaze.    

                “I was doing a favor for an old friend,” she responds with a wink before getting inside the limo and driving off. Once I’m out of the way of course. No, the other girl, the first one, I felt connected to that one. I shake my head and once again sit on my bench.

                “That was a very stupid move you dipshit,” the person I now notice sitting next to me scolds as they read the paper. It’s a young woman, the same woman from before based on the attire and the jolt I felt in my chest. I can’t see her face as it’s buried into that wretched newspaper.

                “Excuse me,” I finally voice.

                “It’s like you have a death wish, don’t you know your loved ones would probably miss you,” once again comes that condescending tone.

                “Maybe I am trying to die, to get close to someone I lost,” I counter, now crossing my arms across my shirt clad chest.

                “And to think I found this baboon cute,” she counters.

                “Yeah, well I’m not available.”

                “Ooh, girlfriend?” I can hear the curiosity peak in her voice.

                “Nah, more like the one I had took my heart with her,” I mumble sadly.

                “She leave you?”

                “She died,” I say drily, by now the words just slip out of my mouth. She moves her hand to get a better grip on her paper when something glints in the light of the sun, I smile.

                “What about you, any lovers around?” I tease.

                “Just one,” she responds and something in me deflates. Somehow, she notices the shift in mood because she shakes her head.

                “My first and only boyfriend, but we separated a while ago, I don’t think he’s still available ad if he is, I doubt he’d take me back,” she explains, that angelic voice drifting to my ears.

                “Why?” I shake my head.

                “It had to be done and I just don’t think he’d understand,” she misunderstands.

                “Not that, why the fuck did you leave me? Two years, two years thinking you were dead, two years of a broken heart, a hole in my chest that no one could fill,” I scream as I stand from my seat.

                “You think I wanted to leave? Huh, I did everything to protect all of you, you don’t know the hell I’ve been through, it was the only way,” she follows and is merely inches from my face. I may be pissed but it doesn’t stop me from grabbing her head in my hands and press my lips to hers, lips that haven’t tasted her sweet essence in too long.