Chapter 20- Love's In The Air

Aiden’s POV:

                After that little ‘revelation session,’ we’ve all quieted down and are just sitting around, lost in our own thoughts. Sometimes I feel like Asher’s living room, well house for that matter, is like Eric Foreman’s basement, we always seem to be here. Since the guys and my parents travel a lot it’s better for us to stay together, that way we have each other for company. It’s been this way throughout the years. Right now what worries me the most, are London’s upcoming actions. I have a feeling that she may leave at any moment, but she’s crazy if she thinks I’m letting her go now.

                “There is one thing I would like to know,” Ruby breaks us out of our thoughts.

                “What?” Ashton nods for her to go on.

                “What were the weapons for?” she questions and there’s a chorus of agreement.

                “Well,” Asher begins, “Since I took over my father’s businesses at a young age, a lot of people targeted me. They were merely precaution, we all learned how to fight and shoot a gun by the way,” Asher explains. It is true. I suggested that we learn, not willing to allow anything to happen to my best friend.  

                “That’s great,” Avery pipes up as if she’s had an epiphany.

                “Why’s that great?” London lifts her head from my chest to question her best friend.

                “They can teach us how to defend ourselves and shoot a gun, we’ve got to be prepared for anything,” Avery begins to pace the living room. Asher’s the second one to stand up.

                “You’re right, it will ease our minds a bit if we’re prepared for what’s to come,” Asher agrees and for the first time I see Avery’s gaze soften towards the poor fool.

                “Where are the weapons now?” Katya is the next one to get up, eager for a fight.

                “Oh, you’ll see,” Aaron smirks as he leads us to the kitchen. Once there, he moves the fridge over and enters the security code on the keypad, a door opens leading us to a staircase. I haven’t been to this room in a long while. The girls look curiously amongst themselves as we descend down the stairs. Finally, we come to the vast basement that looks something out of an action movie. There are matts everywhere, punching bags hang from the ceiling in a corner, in another end of the room there’s machines to build upper and lower body strength. By the stairs there are long drawers that hold different knives and blades and hanging on top are different guns of different calibers. There all sizes just so that we’re comfortable shooting any gun.

                “This is fucking awesome,” London seems amazed by the fact we have a weapons room in our home. She doesn’t seem fazed by this fact, another trait I love about her.

                “You’ve been holding out on us,” Avery looks towards Asher, who squirms under her gaze. She’s the only girl who’s put him back in his place.

                “Do you like it?” he asks with a hopeful gleam in his eyes, like a little kid.

                “Eh, it makes me hate you less,” she shrugs. We hear some of the guys roar with laughter at the way she says it so casually. Asher’s fuming.

                “Alright that’s it,” he throws his hands in the air and stomps towards Avery, who doesn’t seem fazed by his anger. He puts an arm around her waist and pulls her to him. He bends her down and kisses her. The guys and I cheer him on in the background, even London seems happy that he finally got the balls to take action. He pulls back breathless and she seems shocked at what he did.