Chapter 14- You Give Me Strength

London’s POV:

                I wake up to find myself in the same room I woke up in and remember how I ended up here once again. I feel a gentle caress on my head and look up trailing from the dark grey shirt that covers the six pack on the body that lies beneath me all the way up to those sky blue eyes I’ve begun to grow accustomed to, the eyes that always seem to offer me the world every time they glance at me.

                “Aiden, how long did I fall asleep for?” I question sitting up as I rub my foggy eyes. I take notice in the sunlight that still streams through the window.

                “Just like two hours,” he says nonchalantly.

                “Did you stay with me for the two hours?” I ask looking at him as I feel something flutter in my stomach at the thought. 

                “Yes,” he answers without hesitation as he looks me straight in the eye.

                “Why?” I ask genuinely curious.

                “I like watching you sleep and if you get scared I’ll be here to protect you,” he shrugs. He shrugs as if what he just said had my heart doing all sorts of things, things and feelings I am not accustomed to.

                “Why do you say and do things like that, it makes it impossible to hate you,” I comment.

                “Those are the things you do for those you care about,” he answer with too much sincerity. I surprise myself by leaning forward and wrapping my arms around him for a hug. He freezes for a moment but slowly holds me tight as if I’d leave at any moment which I don’t doubt I’m capable of.

                “Thanks for everything, for being there for me even though I pushed you away. Thanks for being my friend and for being you, you make me see things differently as if the world’s not as cruel as it seems,” I explain when I pull back.

                “I just hope you can trust me soon,” he says looking at me and I see a bit of hurt. I think he knows I confided in Asher and not him first.

                “You know I told Asher something don’t you? You are very perceptive,” I point out. “You’ve always been,” I add. I explain what I mean when he gives me a puzzled look.

                I remember when I was ten I had already grown familiar to the town and it was my new home. I found myself walking and wandering around the park alone, it was not a good day for me. My parents had an even colder aura around me perhaps because it was my sister’s birthday and she wouldn’t be able to celebrate it. I sat on the swings and began to swing myself going and aiming higher each time as I remembered Ally told me that the higher you go your sadness stays in the air. It seemed to work until I recalled her words and it dawned once again that she was not there and the tears fell and Aiden found me. I had let my hands slip when the tears began to pour and began to fall as the swing went back down but he caught me. He asked what was wrong but I had already lost the ability to trust and didn’t feel comfortable talking to him along with the others in his group. Many kids seemed to be intimidated by them but he stayed with me and took the swing next to mine. He slung his arm around my shoulders and just held me as I cried for the last time until now.

                He even walked me home that day after we got over introductions as I made my way to my door he asked why I’d been crying and I told him it was because I was feeling weak.