Chapter 24- One Last Kiss Before It All Ends

London’s POV:

                It’s been one day since that brooding phone call, I only have two days to plan and say goodbye to the guys and girls, just in case. I’ve been practicing with knives and the guns, Aiden thinks is just for practice but I know better. I don’t have the heart to tell them anything because I just really want their safety. Now, I know this is where many people sigh in annoyance because the proper thing to do is to get help. But, once you’re in a situation like this, the only thing you can think about is those people who inhabit your mind and heart.

                The ones that have been impossibly nice to you, like the brother’s I never had. Asher with his imposing and temperamental ways that make me want to smack him but the way he treats me like his cherished sister warms my heart to no end. The way the twins seem to be so tremendously stupid but you know you’d never change them for anything. The way Aaron can break into anything and that does not exclude your heart. Adrian’s mysterious quiet ways that make you want to find out what he’s all about.

                I’d never really had any girlfriends apart from Avery, whom was the only person I felt comfortable with when I moved to this town. One day, Katya swooped in with her adorable personality and sparkling blue eyes and just warmed her way into my heart. Naomi with her petite frame and shy air about her, she just makes you want to protect her along with the bubbly and fiery Ruby. Destiny with million dollar smile that just lets you know you’re welcomed here. Avery who is my sister, the one person that always stood by my side. She will forever be my family, my only true family. Last but never least, the one person that showed me I was worthy of love. Aiden, I still can’t believe I get to call him mine. He is and will always be my true love. I just hope that if I, like The Band Perry would say die young, I hope he’ll find someone who is worthy of his love and gives him all of hers.

                I have tears in my eyes as I write this letter. It breaks my heart to know that I’ll break theirs when I leave. It must be done because I want this people to be safe, to grow up, get married and have children. To be the exceptional people I know they are. I finish writing and hide the letter, not taking the risk of anyone seeing before I leave tomorrow. I wipe my eyes when I hear the guys invade the house, they must be back from some race they were going to see. Not a minute later, I hear steps coming down the hall and I see Aiden’s head pop in.

                “You okay?” he closes the door behind him.

                “Yeah,” I nod. I act on impulse and jump into his arms and give him a scorching kiss. He does not hesitate, no like the gentleman he is he grabs my legs and hoists me up. We turn and look towards the door and he indeed locked it this time. He begins to walk backwards until we hit the bed. He lays me down and holds himself up over me. I look into those blue eyes that mimic my motions. I bring my hand up and push my fingers through his hair. He leans down and dominates my mouth once again. All there is right now, in this moment, is us.

                “Are you sure?” he pulls away barely a centimeter, I feel his lips moving as he speaks.

                “Haven’t we been here before?” I tease. He growls and comes back down. In no time, he’s pulled my shirt over my head and thrown his who knows where.

                “I love you London,” he brushes his knuckles against my cheek and I lean into his touch. I know this is both of our first time and it makes it that much more special.

                “I love you too Aiden, so much,” I caress his face, trying to memorize every single one of his features. A lone tear escapes my eye, he kisses it away. He went slowly and lovingly, it was better than I could have imagined and I fell asleep with my head resting on his naked chest. There were no interruptions this time, thank god.

                As I lay here now, with the moonlight the only thing shining around the room, tears are streaming down my face and just as quickly they dissipate, leaving only a mere streaked path. I head into the bathroom and take a quick shower, praying that Aiden’s too tired to wake up. I go around the room as quietly as I can and gather some dark clothes to wear. Yeah, because when you’re about to face off with your enemy you have to look menacing but fashionable, it’s a girl thing.

                I wear some black tights with a black tank top and a black loose sweater over it. I put on my black combat boots. I tie my hair in a ponytail once it’s dried no make-up. I want to look good not have mascara preventing me from seeing right as I go into battle. The only piece of jewelry that I wear is the ring Aiden gave me, but instead if my right hand finger I wear it on my left hand finger, so he’s by my heart. The ring finger on your left hand actually is connected to the vein that leads to your heart, and I want him with me.

                I grab my bag. I place a long lasting kiss on Aiden’s forehead and leave the note on his bedside table. I look towards the clock and it’s barely five in the morning. I step out of the room quietly and head to the kitchen. I quietly move the fridge and type in the code that I’ve now memorized. I rush downstairs and throw different blades and two small handguns into my bag. I head back up and put the fridge back where it belongs.

                I look around the kitchen counter and grab Aaron’s set of keys and place a cd on the counter with a small post it on it that says, ‘Watch.’ I grab the now heavier bag and head out the door. I head into Aaron’s car and drive off as fast as I can. I grab my cell phone at a stop light and make the call, I put it on speaker phone.

                “You’re early,” the sinister voice comes through.

                “Yeah, decided to take your ass down faster than anticipated,” I answer. I’m not scared, not anymore, at this point I’m just mad and they do say ‘there’s no wrath like a woman’s scorn’ or something like that.

                “Fine, I just sent you the address, I’ll be waiting,” he hangs up. I memorize the address and throw my phone out the window, recalling Aaron’s family business. All in all it took me two hours to arrive at the rundown warehouse just at the boundary of town. I grab my bag and place a knife in each of my boots and one of the guns behind my back. I put the other one in front, just inside my pants and under my sweater. I put on some of the ‘rings’ which are actually small blades that with the slightest flicker of my wrist will fly out at a pointed target. I secure my hair and step out of the car. This is it. 

Author's Note:

Hey guys, the suspense is building!!!!! We are almost through and I'm working on the sequel so that will be coming up!!! I really hope you guys enjoy it. Please vote and tell me what you think;) Pic on the side is of Aiden in his boxers WHAT????? What do you think of what happened and London just leaving????