Chapter 8- Awakening

London’s POV:

                “Dude you killed him!” Ashton screams frantically as we all wait for Aiden to make some move to let us know he’ll be alright. Okay, so I may have gone a bit far with the whole ‘beating him until unconscious’ thing but he drugged me. But, what if I did kill him? Suddenly, that possibility starts to dawn on me and I feel horrible.

                “Oh my God, he can’t be dead,” I say. “No, he’s not dead. He just can’t be. I can’t ruin my life for that bastard! I need some water, I’m going to the kitchen,” I begin to leave the room.

                “I’ll go with her and make sure she’s okay,” I hear Avery say before I hear her footsteps behind me.  Once we make it downstairs to the living room I turn to face Avery and find all girls there.

                “I have to get out of here,” I tell them and they nod. What if something bad happens to Aiden? Could I live with the guilt? I have to decide fight or flight?

                “Okay, Katya do you have your car?” I ask her. “Cool, get it ready and hurry the guys will probably be down any minute now,” I tell her after she nods. The four girls leave Avery and I behind.

                “Don’t you think we should stay? I mean I get it they drugged us but they were only trying to help in a totally crazy way but help nevertheless,” she elaborates. I think about what she’s saying and she may be right but I just can’t stand them.

                “I, fine, we’ll stay. Go let the girls know they can just go home and I’m going to go see if Aiden woke up yet,” she nods and I make my way upstairs. When I arrive to the room I had slept in the guys had already placed Aiden on the bed. Asher was cleaning his face with what I’m guessing is an antiseptic wipe.

                “Here let me do that,” I say as I make my way to the bed next to Aiden. I motion for Asher to move aside which he does while all of the guys look at me carefully, as if measuring my movements. I begin to clean the remaining blood of his face.

                “Do you have some ointment for the swelling?” I ask Asher. He nods and leaves to get it and I continue to sit on the bed next to Aiden. He looks so peaceful sleeping or knocked out, whatever.

                “You’re not trying to finish him off are you?” Ashton asks. The other guys look at me expectantly as if that’s what they’re expecting from me. I roll my eyes.

                “No, I’ll wait for him to be conscious to do that,” I tell them.

                “Can you guys go help the girls set up they’re going to be staying since they said ‘no way in hell are we leaving Avery and London with a group of psychos,’” Asher explains when he comes back in and hands me the ointment. The guys leave but Asher stays behind watching me, calculating or just staring, I don’t know. I apply the ointment to Aiden’s bruises which I can already see forming. I let out a sigh of relief when he subconsciously winces. I begin to notice how very well defined his face is, from his jaw to his nose, everything. I didn’t notice I began to touch his face lightly with my fingers.

                “He really likes you, you know,” Asher tells me from the corner in the room where he was standing. He begins to move closer. “Ever since he saw you at the park when we were eight he hasn’t had eyes for any other girl. You know that’s why he’s supposed to be the ‘unattainable’ one of the group because supposedly he thinks no girl is good enough for him. When in truth there’s no other girl for him but you,” he informs me when he sits in front of me on the chair next to the bed.