chapter 12

when I woke up I was still in a sleeping Raven' s warm embrace. I snuggled into him. "I'll never leave you." Raven mumbled in his sleep. I smiled up at him. "I think I'm falling in love with you." I whispered uncertainty to him. "I know I'm falling in love with you." Raven replied suddenly awake. "I- I- I-" I started but Raven cut me off. "let's go on vacation, the three of us together." he told me. "vacation." I repeated. "Yeah. it will be fun you'll see." Raven replied as he got up and walked out into the hall. I quietly followed behind. I followed him sneakily into the living room. he pulled out his cell phone and dialed a number. "Hey uncle Cote." Raven said into his cell phone. "can my girl, her brother and I all stay up at the cottage for a week?" he explained grinning. his eyes light up when he smiles. a real genuine smile. when was it last I smiled like that? "Yeah, I have a girl." he sighed almost annoyed. "well, he's not really her brother. She doesn't actually have a family." he said nervously as he paced along the brown leather couch. "She's a runaway, Cote." he informed him. "so do I get to make her have a good time?" he laughed. "awesome, thanks uncle Cote." he smiled and I scuttled back to my room quickly. I jumped in bed and quickly covered back up.

"get ready and get packed Lillie, I'm taking you on vacation." Raven told me. "vacation." I repeated like it was a foreign language. "Yeah, a vacation, ya know?" he asked. "Vacation." I drew out the symbols slowly making him get the point I wasn't sure what he meant. " you've never been on a vacation?" he asked me and I shook my head. "well your in for a treat, little owl. My uncle Cote is letting us borrow the cottage. It's right out on a beautiful lake and you'll love it." Raven said certainly. I got up and started grabbing my stuff to take a shower. "is that where you take all your 'Girls'?" I looked at him in spite. "owl. I was just mocking my uncle Cote. Owl!" Raven whined. "OWL! don't be this way." Raven whined as he stuck his foot in the door to the bathroom. "Look Raven, I like you. I mean I really like you. I just need to know I'm not in a line of many other girls who have fallen for those brown eyes and black hair too." I told him solemnly. "I love you, little owl. if you chose to believe it that is up to you but I would hope you would trust me." he gave me a light smile which contradicted the torn look in his eyes. "will you just let me take a shower?" I asked giving him a puppy dog face. "Oh, yeah." he laughed pulling his foot out of the door.

author's note-

how cute Lillie is jealous! vote and comment! XOXOXOXO hugs and kisses XOXOXOXO