Chapter 22~ Uniting the Tribes

Peter's POV

I sat down with Tiger Lilly and her family in the meeting circle. Everyone was tense as the fire blazed in front of us. We only had a few hours left before we were going to attack and the clock was ticking, putting my usually calm nerves on edge.

"Brother Eagle Flies Peter," greeted Chief Strong Bear, "Why have you called upon us?"

"There has been an incident with Hook," I replied. At the pirate's name, his face tightened, "He has kidnapped Jill. He plans to feed her to the ticking crocodile in two days time."

"Hook has always been a threat to us," Tiger Lilly replied, "However we can do nothing to stop him. He has his... what do you call them?... guns. They overpower our arrows and spears. We can only defend ourselves, not plan an attack."

"That is with your forces alone," Peter replied, "With the fairy dust we have the ability to fly. The fairies are fantastic builders and are working on some new weapons as we speak. Our numbers are too small to fight him alone. We need to unite the tribes."

"We can not risk an attack," said the Chief, "We do not attack Hook and he lets us live. He plunders us once and awhile, however he does not kill us all. If we attack him and we fail, we would lose all of our warriors and be unable to defend ourselves. He would kill everyone. You would ask me to risk the lives of my entire people just to save one girl."

"This isn't the only thing that Hook has done," I argued back, "He a few days ago he kidnapped two of my boys and kept them hostage in the Black Castle. We were able to escape but there were... casualties."

"What casualties?" asked Midnight, her small voice barely heard over the fire.

"Vincent."

Tears ran down Midnight's dark cheeks as she bit her lip to keep it from trembling.

"With your warriors and our dust we will be able to stop Hook once and for all," I argued back, "We have to stop this. He's taken our families and friends. He kidnapped Tommy and Patt and took Vinny from us, and Chief Strong Bear-" the Chief looked at me with a pained look on his dark face, "Think of all of your sons and daughters who have died at his hands."

His face turned stern, "I have heard enough. My decision still stands."

"But Father-"

"No Tiger Lilly," he silenced his daughter, "I can not put my people at such a risk. We must stay and protect the tribe."

Tiger Lilly looked at her father with a look of anger and disgust.

"I am sorry Eagle Flies Peter," he said, "I must ask you to leave."

I bowed my head, "Thank you for your time Chief Strong Bear."

We left the camp with heavy hearts. The disappointment was clear on everyone's faces. I don't think the boys had ever gone more than ten seconds without trying to kill each other (or someone else for that matter).

"Don't worry everyone," I said, trying to lift the mood, "We still have the fairies by our side. That's a plus right?"

"Jill's right," Peter chimed in, "We'll figure something out."

We had the fairies on our side but without the Indians support we would be badly outnumbered and outsized. It would be difficult and risky.

I prayed for a miracle.

Tiger Lilly's POV

"What do you think you're doing?!" I demanded, speaking in the language of my forefathers. My hands shook with fury.