00:67

A/N: Hi guys. Enjoy this chapter.

chapter sixty-seven |
Y o u r  p o v

"What?" He asked distraughtly, I watched as he stepped back slightly. He let out a sarcastic laugh, while I stood there watching him carefully. "He can't possibly be alive. Are you sure—he can't be." He said, trying to convince himself mostly. I didn't know what to say, I knew what I saw. I knew that I saw Jax's face.

I watched as he anxiously paced in front of me, probably analyzing the night he kidnapped me. I leaned back on the wall, eventually doubting myself. It was completely unimaginable for Jax to be alive. I remembered that night clearly, I saw the bullet wound to his head, I watched the excessive amount of blood . I heard the news reporter announce that he was 'dead'.

How could that all be wrong somehow?

It just doesn't make sense.

Why would he possibly be hanging out with Derek and Ashton? Especially when Derek doesn't even like him.

My mind was racing fast with deep thoughts and questions that were left unanswered and to my imagination. Nothing added up or made any sense.

I grabbed the phone from his hand, ending the call that he was apparently trying to make to Zayn. "We have to tell them—" he began but I frustratingly cut him off. "Jason, it's not his problem. It's his birthday." I reminded him. He clutched the arch of his nose, sighing. I knew how nervous & how fast his heart was beating. I could hear his ragged breath while his body slightly trembled. All I wanted to do was hold him & reassure him that everything was going to be okay. Sadly I wasn't even sure myself.

"Y/n...please tell me none of them saw you." He breathed. I wished I was one hundred percent sure that none of them saw me, but I knew that as soon as my eyes landed on Ashton's face everything around me just completely stopped.

If they did see me they wouldn't actually think it's me, right?

Would they actually believe that I'm at a bar, tipsy, standing on a karaoke stage?

He suddenly lifted his head up, searching for my response. I almost didn't realize that I was just staring into his eyes, thinking about my unsureness. "No they didn't see me." I said uneasily. "Are you sure?" He asked.

No.

I looked genuinely into his eyes. I cupped his face, bringing it closer towards mine. I felt his body relax under my touch. I watched as the tenseness from his face fell as he watched me. "I'm sure. Let's just..." I suddenly stopped to think.

Do I really want just go? Of course I did. I'm in love with Jason. I wanted to be with him. But—my brother was under the same roof as me. I could've actually gone up to him & hug him. Why couldn't I have been selfish and have everything I possibly wanted? Why did everything have to be hard? Why does loving people have to be hard?

If I were to walk up to him right now, what would I say? Hi, it's me. I'm alive, I've missed you. I just decided to go somewhere—without telling you guys. They would never believe me, Especially if Jax was shot. They know I would never do that. Then again they also thought I'd not ever become insanely in love with a twenty-one year old man named Jason McCann, but I've managed to do that. "Let's just what?" He asked attentively.